Leomontgomery
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’ve recently finished sixth form and I’ve firmed uni of Leeds to study psychology however I would like to switch to economics instead. How do I go about this from now? A level results day is in two weeks.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leomontgomery)
So I’ve recently finished sixth form and I’ve firmed uni of Leeds to study psychology however I would like to switch to economics instead. How do I go about this from now? A level results day is in two weeks.
Firstly, check you meet the subject requirements. If so and you’re certain you want to change, call the admissions team at Leeds ASAP. The longer you leave it, the less likely they’ll be able to accommodate a change.

Be aware that Econ is popular and they may not have space for you.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leomontgomery)
If you have the correct A level subjects and predicted grades for Economics, it is better to ask Leeds Admissions now to switch rather than wait until Clearing - you could also ask your Insurance choice uni. If they both say that they have no places left for Economics, you will still have the option of declining the place you get offered on results day and reapplying to Economics courses in Clearing at other unis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.74%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (12)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
10.96%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (28)
38.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
16.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed