himuraai03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So 2019 - 2020 I was taking my GCSE's but the exams had to be cancelled due to COVID-19 and the schools ended up just giving up our predicted grades as GCSE(?) grades.

For anyone else who was in this situation, did your schools give hard-back certificates? My school ended up giving me provisional results and not an actual certificate and I don't know what to do. Please help.

I'm trying to apply for apprenticeships/jobs. I don't know what to do if they ask about my certificates because my school never ended up giving it.
lcvedingdong
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by himuraai03)
So 2019 - 2020 I was taking my GCSE's but the exams had to be cancelled due to COVID-19 and the schools ended up just giving up our predicted grades as GCSE(?) grades.

For anyone else who was in this situation, did your schools give hard-back certificates? My school ended up giving me provisional results and not an actual certificate and I don't know what to do. Please help.

I'm trying to apply for apprenticeships/jobs. I don't know what to do if they ask about my certificates because my school never ended up giving it.
They could ring up your school and they should verify you did do your GCSE's and the grades are correct. OR another option is that you could ring up your school asking if you could get your certificate off them.
Mara1680
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by himuraai03)

You need to go to your school to actually collect the certificates. They do exist and they are stored at your school. They are legally required to keep them for a couple months but I'm not sure how long exactly so I'd hurry up. They can't send them by mail so you will have to go collect them in person (and you can't have anyone else pick it up cause you need to sign a declaration you got them).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.6%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.04%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (35)
16.51%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.62%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
26.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.34%

Watched Threads