What to talk about with a new friend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey All

Suppose you meet a new girl or boy at work, and you want to be friends with that person, just what would you discuss with her or him in order to come across as an interesting person. Basically I’ve been working at this new restaurant near my home and I’ve canes across this girl. On my third day she came up to me and we just exchanged a few sentences about how we are finding work and this person told me we can be mates. I was over the moon cos I barely have any friends . We then agree to exchange social media info. Since I do suffer from autism conversations never work out well for me and I just see my texting skills as dry and boring and enough to put someone to sleep. I then started messaging this girl just asking what she’s up to and she’s day then usual not much reply an all. I would then try to find something to talk about like hobbies and interests but she doesn’t have any hobbies or interests which just makes things awkward for me because with no hobbies or interests to at least discuss I just don’t know what to say like j genuinely don’t know what to have a conversation with this person about. If anyone here has any suggestions on what to talk about or perhaps tell me what to look out for to see if she isn’t really interested. Please note I’ve been we’ve known eachother for just under a week now

Thanks, Billy
username5737602
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP: uses anon
Also OP: "thanks, Billy"
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tej3141)
OP: uses anon
Also OP: "thanks, Billy"
There are millions of Billy’s around so think of me as an anonymous Billy??
LeafMeAlonee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tbh doesn't seen like you are the dry one here, who doesn't have hobbies or interests??
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi billy,
It depends. Do you see her as your friend or someone you might be dating in the future?

Thanks.
At***
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JAckieee.chan)
hi billy,
It depends. Do you see her as your friend or someone you might be dating in the future?

Thanks.
At***
Hi there
At the moment I would like to see her as a friend for now since I need to work on my friendship skills but if things do go very well then I definitely wouldn’t mind being more than friends in the future
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads