How do I get my ex out of my head?

Watch
mriamnotreal786
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Someone who I was going to marry disappeared from my life with no explanation or closure about 10 months ago. This person had hurt and degraded me before many more times than I could have counted and no matter what I did I would always be belittled or taken for granted. They made me feel like I was not good enough.

I slowly felt them falling out of love but instead of telling me straight up they made dumb excuses and then vanished. It still haunts me to this day and I feel so hurt and degraded every time I think about it to the point where if I’m having fun or being happy I just start crying out of nowhere. how could I let someone do that to me?

It’s Always in the back of my head at all times and it’s been 10 months now I feel absolutely insane. I need to know why but I know I will never get that closure. We still follow each other on social media because I don’t want to seem like I care. But every-time I post I feel like I’m doing it for him in the off chance that he will say something to me. I just want something - Closure, apology, explanation just something so that I can know what I did to deserve being put through that. I was Always there for him when he needed me but he was never there for me.

I feel like I’ll never get passed this. I feel so hateful it’s disgusting. Does anyone know how to stop feeling like this?
TasteLikeChicken
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Man, I know how you feel. It sucks. However, there is no panacea. As annoying as it sounds, it will take time.

You may not realise it, but you likely are doing better than you were a month ago. But when you go from feeling 10/10 upset down to an 8 or 9, it may not feel like much. But eventually, you will notice that you feel less sad. And there may be times when you feel very sad again, and feel as if you'll never get over it. But you will. So many people go through this and come out of it alright, and you're no different.

I truly understand how you feel, my girlfriend of 5 years left me over text during a pandemic. It was ROUGH. However, you will get through it, and you will realise that while you may never be truly happy it happened, you may have needed such an adversity to overcome in life to help you grow. I know that sounds cringey as heck, but it's the god-honest truth.

You got this!
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel like the problem that you’re having stems from the fact you still have him social media, remove him.
tierny3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
I feel like the problem that you’re having stems from the fact you still have him social media, remove him.
Nope. Its that the guy is too immature to understand that when you fall in love with someone you create these strong bonds and separating esp that suddenly can snap those bonds in half creating immense pain to the victim, in this case the girl.

All you can do is self reflect and wonder why for a weekend, then move on with your life. Bury your head into your work or whatever, and let time heal. It is so important to move on. My biggest regret was not moving on and wasting so much time on thinking why (even though fortunately I was given a reason). I'm sure youre pretty young so take advantage of your development years. Treat this as a character building lesson and move on! Show the guy you are so much better without him. You got this man.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tierny3)
Nope. Its that the guy is too immature to understand that when you fall in love with someone you create these strong bonds and separating esp that suddenly can snap those bonds in half creating immense pain to the victim, in this case the girl.

All you can do is self reflect and wonder why for a weekend, then move on with your life. Bury your head into your work or whatever, and let time heal. It is so important to move on. My biggest regret was not moving on and wasting so much time on thinking why (even though fortunately I was given a reason). I'm sure youre pretty young so take advantage of your development years. Treat this as a character building lesson and move on! Show the guy you are so much better without him. You got this man.

If you have someone on social media, it will be harder to move on.
Teres Crus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
нужно отвлечься, найти другое занятие.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads