Family wont let me sleep

Watch
shard12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Its 4am right now and I cant sleep.
My sister just woke me up an hour ago from her moving around the house. She woke me up by opening and slamming the doors really loudly. She goes to bed at around 12am-4am whereas I go to bed around 11pm in which she makes so much noise from moving around and playing music out loud and that always wakes me up every night. Whenever I tell her to go to bed earlier/be quieter she just tells me to shut up. She says she finds it hard to sleep but if that's the case then shouldnt she be more understanding of my situation?? The thing is is that I'm a light sleeper and the only light sleeper in my family so I'm usually the only one that gets disturbed at night and its really frustrating how my family doesnt understand. My mum has work at 6am today and she probably makes the most noise out of everyone - sometimes she feels the need to call someone on the phone to talk to and her voice is SO LOUDDD. I ask her to tone it down a little and she says okay all the time but nothing changes. I can go to sleep but my family stops me from staying asleep... if I get woken up and the source of me being woken up is minor e.g. someone walking down the stairs and that is it, then USUALLY I can fall back asleep but if its something ongoing or recurring or something that annoys me (e.g. my sister) then I cant. Its kind of like as if there is an engine running in my head (the thing that makes you sleepy -cant remember its name) and it only turns on whem I wake up but if its left too long on (woken up too long) the engine runs out (so I dont feel tired/ability of sleep goes away so I cant sleep anymore). All I want is sleep... why is that so hard to ask for??? Since ways of asking my family to be quieter doesnt work, how can I sleep deeper?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I relate to you a lot since I had to sleep at the living room to accompany my mom (because my dad died a month ago, so me and my siblings and I had to sleep with my mom to not to make her feel alone). My brother will wake up in the morning and decided to pull the heavy wooden chair which made a really loud screeching noise. While my mom, she often had people to call so her voice is REALLY REALLY LOUD.

Alright, straight to the point, I will usually drop any caffeine if I'm about to sleep at night. I will drink powdered milk to help me to sleep better. You can also wear an ear plug to suppress any noise made by your family. If you don't have an earplug, maybe you can substitute it by using a tissue or anything soft you can stuff inside your ear. I don't really recommend using an earphone because it has wire and it might snap while you're sleeping. Also, make sure to not to stare at your phone atleast one hour before sleeping (You can do a research about this since I don't want to write a looong article here :') ).

Alright, goodluck on trying! Hope you'll sleep peacefully and soundly next time.
Anonbro1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I relate to you a lot since I had to sleep at the living room to accompany my mom (because my dad died a month ago, so me and my siblings and I had to sleep with my mom to not to make her feel alone). My brother will wake up in the morning and decided to pull the heavy wooden chair which made a really loud screeching noise. While my mom, she often had people to call so her voice is REALLY REALLY LOUD.

Alright, straight to the point, I will usually drop any caffeine if I'm about to sleep at night. I will drink powdered milk to help me to sleep better. You can also wear an ear plug to suppress any noise made by your family. If you don't have an earplug, maybe you can substitute it by using a tissue or anything soft you can stuff inside your ear. I don't really recommend using an earphone because it has wire and it might snap while you're sleeping. Also, make sure to not to stare at your phone atleast one hour before sleeping (You can do a research about this since I don't want to write a looong article here :') ).

Alright, goodluck on trying! Hope you'll sleep peacefully and soundly next time.
PRSOM
shard12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Thank you soo much for your kind reply!!! That was so sweet of you
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
**** bro, that's crazy. just stay up n grind then innit
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shard12)
Thank you soo much for your kind reply!!! That was so sweet of you
welcome. glad i can help you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads