Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Due to ill health and miscommunications i missed the deadline for a retake of one of my modules in my foundation year. I did e mail my tutor but did not get notification of deadline date until the actual date itself.
I have felt incredibly isolated and struggled with mental health issues and lost my grandadaduring this covod year and missed alot of communications simply because i did not know they existed.
I did apply for extension but unsure if i will get it .
Can i re sit a foundation year? Im desperate to continue my studies
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Due to ill health and miscommunications i missed the deadline for a retake of one of my modules in my foundation year. I did e mail my tutor but did not get notification of deadline date until the actual date itself.
I have felt incredibly isolated and struggled with mental health issues and lost my grandadaduring this covod year and missed alot of communications simply because i did not know they existed.
I did apply for extension but unsure if i will get it .
Can i re sit a foundation year? Im desperate to continue my studies
Hey there,

So sorry to hear about your Grandad and that you're struggling with mental health issues. I can imagine how much of an impact this would have had on your university work.

I'm glad that you've applied for an extension, fingers crossed that you get it. Did you have to submit any evidence? I would also suggest talking to your personal tutor, they will be able to help and advise you on whether you can resit the year/module. Do you have a wellbeing team? It may be a great idea to reach out to them too, they can support you through these tough times and be there as a point of contact whenever you need.

I hope this helps, I also hope that everything works out well for you, Things will get better soon!

Becca (Placement Student)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.36%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.45%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.15%
I need help with my personal statement (91)
41.94%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (53)
24.42%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.84%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.83%

Watched Threads