She'll message me and then just disappear

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've known this girl for a few years now, we were at college together. A few months ago she started randomly commenting on my Instagram stories so we'd have a little conversation and then she'd disappear again. Then a few weeks after that her conversations started getting more deep than just general chit chat but then after a few days/weeks of back and forth she'd disappear again and I didn't hear from her for months.

Then about three weeks ago she commented on my Instagram story again so I was just polite with her and sent her a few words back in reply but then she started asking how I've been as we hadn't talked for so long and things seemed to be progressing nicely to the point where I admitted I wanted to take her out for a drink, she admitted she finds me good looking but then she has totally disappeared again. We've gone from messaging everyday to now not messaging at all.

Is she playing games? What should I do?
Hellllpppp
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It could be anything but to me it sounds like her life might just be more busy now and you might’ve been her go to when she was bored. Ask her is she’s still up for drinks to see if she’s playing games.
user00123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn’t say she’s playing games but I also wouldn’t say she’s as interested in u as u r in her… I would say don’t take the situation too serious and start catching smth. But if u want to make sure that she possibly wants smth from u then just meet for some coffee
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by user00123)
I wouldn’t say she’s playing games but I also wouldn’t say she’s as interested in u as u r in her… I would say don’t take the situation too serious and start catching smth. But if u want to make sure that she possibly wants smth from u then just meet for some coffee
He'll do better to regard her as nothing more or less than a prospect.
user00123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
He'll do better to regard her as nothing more or less than a prospect.
yeah I'm not tellin him to start smth with her but I also think he would feel better when he knows how she's feeling/thinking towards him.
I would say some coffee is good to clear up all the questions but I definitely would not recommend starting a relationship with her
SlaveofAll
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah I'm not tellin him to start smth with her but I also think he would feel better when he knows how she's feeling/thinking towards him.
I would say some coffee is good to clear up all the questions but I definitely would not recommend starting a relationship with her
They'll do better to go through a getting-to-know-each-other phase first.
user00123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
They'll do better to go through a getting-to-know-each-other phase first.
yeah obviously
SlaveofAll
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah obviously
I usually recommend it for those who can't decide between staying single and getting into relationship.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
seems like she wants you to take the lead, and is never the first one to initiate conversation.
user00123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
seems like she wants you to take the lead, and is never the first one to initiate conversation.
possible yeah
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
possible yeah

Which is technically not playing games but it’s annoying. These behaviours doesn’t stem from a very good place, imo.

It takes two to put in the effort, not just one.
user00123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Which is technically not playing games but it’s annoying. These behaviours doesn’t stem from a very good place, imo.

It takes two to put in the effort, not just one.
yeah agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (33)
15.79%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.27%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.83%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.62%

Watched Threads