Anyone got David Russell Apartment offer? Issue with isolation

Watch
Diem2015
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm an entrant student. I saw in the e-induction that

Over the summer we use the residences for conferences and visitors, and undertake essential maintenance and upgrading. As a result, we are not able to accommodate early arrivals prior to arrivals day.
Due to the country I'll travel through, isolation accommodation & thus early arrival are required for me. I applied for airport pickup & isolation accommodation. A relevant paragraph in the confirmation email is

If you have requested isolation accommodation or to arrive prior to the 4 September, you will receive further information from student accommodation about the accommodation you have been allocated.
Combining both quoted paragraphs, what implications can be drawn?

Where would the isolation accommodation be if your allocated hall of residence cannot accommodate early arrivals?

I want to make sure everything is fine so that I don't need to waste money & take risks in changing the date of my flight.
Diem2015
Rep:
?
Also saw this

Where possible, isolation accommodation will be provided in your allocated room. When you are sent your offer of isolation accommodation we will confirm the location. We can only offer isolation accommodation to University students, no guests will be permitted, if you are travelling with family they will need to arrange isolation accommodation out-with the University.

Isolation accommodation will be charged at £20 per day up to Saturday 4 September, if your isolation accommodation continues past 4 September you will not be charged as this will be included in your standard accommodation costs. Isolation accommodation charges will be added to your student account after you have completed your period of isolation.

Arrival slots for those who are isolating are available from Monday 16 August 2021. As a reminder, isolation accommodation will incur additional charges on your accommodation contract.
Ffreya83
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I took that to mean that if you're arriving before September 6th, you might end up quarantining in a residence that is not the one you'll be living in.

You mentioned you are PGR - I am as well, and my program doesn't start until September 27th. Are you certain you need to be there that early?

If you are very concerned about logistics, I would advise contacting the university, as they would be able to provide the most definitive answers for you!
Diem2015
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ffreya83)
I took that to mean that if you're arriving before September 6th, you might end up quarantining in a residence that is not the one you'll be living in.

You mentioned you are PGR - I am as well, and my program doesn't start until September 27th. Are you certain you need to be there that early?

If you are very concerned about logistics, I would advise contacting the university, as they would be able to provide the most definitive answers for you!
Dude, the residency contract starts on 4 September. We pay the same amount no matter how late we arrive, don't we?

There are other reasons behind actually, but it's inconvenient to mention any of them here though. Anyway, thanks for your reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (7)
11.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.47%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.08%
I need help with my personal statement (25)
42.37%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
23.73%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.39%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads