The Student Room Group

Spanish language help

I'm looking at transferring to a uni in Spain and one of their entrance requirements is that:
"No haber agotado los requisitos de permanencia de la Universidad de procedencia, en cuanto a número de convocatorias."

I'm understanding this as that they don't want you to take more courses or exams than necessary in the origin university? Am I misinterpreting this - it seems like a strange requirement.

If someone could explain this to me it would be much appreciated!
Original post by etotheipi12
I'm looking at transferring to a uni in Spain and one of their entrance requirements is that:
"No haber agotado los requisitos de permanencia de la Universidad de procedencia, en cuanto a número de convocatorias."

I'm understanding this as that they don't want you to take more courses or exams than necessary in the origin university? Am I misinterpreting this - it seems like a strange requirement.

If someone could explain this to me it would be much appreciated!

I believe in this instance ''convocatoria'' essentially refers to the number of times you can take an exam. So if in your uni you're only allowed to take the same exam, say, 3 times (because you failed the first 2) then 3 times would be the maximum number of ''convocatorias'' for that module. So the requirement from the Spanish uni seems to basically be saying you shouldn't have exhausted the number of attempts you can do an exam or course.
Reply 2
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I believe in this instance ''convocatoria'' essentially refers to the number of times you can take an exam. So if in your uni you're only allowed to take the same exam, say, 3 times (because you failed the first 2) then 3 times would be the maximum number of ''convocatorias'' for that module. So the requirement from the Spanish uni seems to basically be saying you shouldn't have exhausted the number of attempts you can do an exam or course.

Thanks very much @Plantagenet Crown :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending