REALLY regret dropping out of Uni

Watch
PD72
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I dropped out of Uni in late 2019 during my 4th and final year. My mental health was just not in a good place. I didn't even inform the uni/student finance, I just stopped attending. I now work in the justice sector but I am unable to progress much higher without a degree. It seemed like the right decision at the time and I was much happier for a short time, but now, 2 years onwards and a little older/wiser, it is the single biggest regret of my life. I have 4 years of student loan debt and time dedicated with nothing to show for it, and I am unable to progress higher in my job as I said. I feel like I have royally screwed up my life and I cannot believe how stupid I was to just not stick it out for the last 6 months of the course and get the degree. It really gets to me when I think about it. I REALLY want to go back to Uni and get my degree and would aim for a masters too. I am 27 now and would like to do this sooner rather than later. I just would like to know what my options are and if it is possible to go back to uni?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried contact the uni you were at and asking whether they have an options for you?
domesticengineer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could you try the open university? As your study is recent - are you able to gain credits for what you have done and then maybe do the 4th year via open university then you can work while you study?
Last edited by domesticengineer; 1 month ago
emo94
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you researched on degree apprenticeships? Basically, you work for an organisation or a company and studying at university degree at the same time with the cost covered by the employer in full. For example there are degree apprenticeships in this like cyber security, business administration, etc. You just need to get a degree to move your career forward whatever that may be but not at an additional cost to yourself, then a degree apprenticeship is the way.
nijas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would you be able to use the credits that you got when you were doing the course and finish that degree?
Would your employer sponsor you doing a new degree or finishing your last one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
15.04%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.02%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.26%
I need help with my personal statement (50)
37.59%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
26.32%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.26%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.52%

Watched Threads