lisxnxli
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm gonna be studying Pharmacy this September and I've noticed that a lot of students, especially on YouTube, use iPads for Pharmacy. I've never really cared for iPads or Macbooks and I'm not rich so it's not a luxury that my parents could afford anyway. I do however have a job that I've been doing this summer so by the end of it I should have just over £1.5k saved. I have a good laptop so I’m just wondering if it’s worth having both or a laptop alone is enough? Answers from pharm, medicine or health science students would be great but any input is welcome!
ChillBear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lisxnxli)
I'm gonna be studying Pharmacy this September and I've noticed that a lot of students, especially on YouTube, use iPads for Pharmacy. I've never really cared for iPads or Macbooks and I'm not rich so it's not a luxury that my parents could afford anyway. I do however have a job that I've been doing this summer so by the end of it I should have just over £1.5k saved. I have a good laptop so I’m just wondering if it’s worth having both or a laptop alone is enough? Answers from pharm, medicine or health science students would be great but any input is welcome!
You don't need an ipad for university. In the end it's up to you to study and pass exams. I would just keep your laptop and use that day to day. When I was in uni a decade ago I was one of the few in my classes to use a laptop in lectures, almost everyone had paper notes. I imagine it'd still be the same unless the course demands a laptop or tablet to engage with the lecture.
Last edited by ChillBear; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.09%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.79%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.97%

Watched Threads