.lncslancaslcnsalcjnasjlc
Last edited by crazy_twist; 1 month ago
Spennyboi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Raisul_Bhuiya)
Am I too good for University of Manchester? My results are A* for Eco and Accounting and A for business, and I have an unconditional offer at UOM. I want to work in investment banking
No, you are not "too good", lol. There are universities with higher entry requirements you can apply to. Did you apply to other universities and not get in? or did you just exceed your predicted grades?
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you too good? The audacity
cleveranimal56
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think they're boasting. They just worded the post in a foolish way. I think they meant: "Could I do better than the university of Manchester with such and such grades if I want to pursue a degree in investment banking?"
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Am I too good for University of Manchester? My results are A* for Eco and Accounting and A for business, and I have an unconditional offer at UOM. I want to work in investment banking
The overlap in your subjects would put some top universities off.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:laugh: 'too good'....
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
The overlap in your subjects would put some top universities off.
I was thinking that. Plus accounting often appears in a 'non-preferred' list of subjects. So three A levels, all three of which overlap and one of which is a bit suspect.

Very 'too good'...
Ferrari08
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes you are too good though I would have something a tiny bit more humble. Imo you could do much better than manchester with those grades like honestly.
leviticus.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ferrari08)
Yes you are too good though I would have something a tiny bit more humble. Imo you could do much better than manchester with those grades like honestly.
They couldn’t, the grades might be good but the subject combination is not; they wouldn’t be able to get into a target
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i would try my luck with a few targets/semi's - warwicks/ucl/notts too - would have manchester perhaps as an insurance if it interests you
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This subject choice is pretty weird, could've at least done maths rather than business/accounting
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, you were lucky to get an offer with those three A levels. Most school won't allow BS and Econ - and no Maths? that is more of a disadvantage.
econhelp525
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What a nonsense subject combination lmao
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For what course?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ferrari08)
Hasn’t everyone got high grades this year?
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Hasn’t everyone got high grades this year?
Presumably so, but results day isn't for another few weeks. However, that makes me wonder why they're asking this question now so close to admission...
Last edited by JustSomeGuy:/; 1 month ago
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you know you received those grades? Results day is on 10th august
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP could be in year 12 and got an early offer of admission and is merely referencing predicted grades. I do wonder what the actual situation is given how strange the timing is.
j25_8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For investment banking your best way in would be economics or finance/management science. All three of these BScs will require an A level in maths at least if you’re aiming for schools which have easier routes to investment banking. It’ll be easier to break into the field from universities such as lse, oxbridge, ucl, warwick, kings than it will be for pretty much anywhere else but again - they will want a level maths at either an A or A*. Theres too much statistical analysis and data analysis for you to not have it mate unless you’re willing to learn and perfect it alongside your course
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im sure the university which hosted Rutherford, Bohr & Chadwick is desperate for students of your caliber to come & drag up their reputation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads