Would you personally be willing to move for 1.5-3 years abroad for job experience?

Watch
username1240252
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I wonder how many of you would be willing to relocate to somewhere like Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Dublin or Brussels if that would boost your experience on CV?

Or perhaps even somewhere more remote outside of Europe like Melbourne, Singapore, Dubai, British Virgin Islands?
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quite specific locations. What are you getting at?
username1240252
Rep:
?
(Original post by gtty123)
Quite specific locations. What are you getting at?
Financial services of course

But these are just some hypothetical examples I thought of immediately
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
personally, no
relocating, let alone to another country is a lot of work
and I have little to no desire to go abroad, not even for holidays so it wouldn't be worth it.
username1240252
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
personally, no
relocating, let alone to another country is a lot of work
and I have little to no desire to go abroad, not even for holidays so it wouldn't be worth it.
Fair enough, what if it was your dream job opportunity and after say 18 months of experience you stood a better chance getting one in London or elsewhere in the UK?
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Robert Walpole)
Fair enough, what if it was your dream job opportunity and after say 18 months of experience you stood a better chance getting one in London or elsewhere in the UK?
Ooo thats a bit more difficult. Although I don't really have strong dreams about my career. I'm still leaning towards staying in the uk
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It would depend on the job role, location, perks and total remuneration packages on offer.
I'd prefer to stay close to the UK but would consider relocating to places like Dublin, Isle of Man or the Channel Island.
But not Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Latin America, Middle East, religious theocracies or any countries with very authoritarian governments.
JAckieee.chan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Robert Walpole)
I wonder how many of you would be willing to relocate to somewhere like Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Dublin or Brussels if that would boost your experience on CV?

Or perhaps even somewhere more remote outside of Europe like Melbourne, Singapore, Dubai, British Virgin Islands?
If its worth the salary, then yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (109)
14.53%
My mental health (110)
14.67%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.93%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
18%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.87%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.67%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads