NavaneethPar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have received an offer letter from Cranfield University for masters in Food Systems and Management. How good is the course and the university? Is it worth all the investment by an international student? What about part time jobs and scholarships? As i am waiting for other offers would it be wise to accept this offer? Somebody help me in this.
cvgk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
search for food engineering also you can go to food system and management
NavaneethPar
Rep:
?
So are you saying that I can accept this offer?
StarLinyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cranfield is an excellent university. But the Food industry generally is a dreadful place to work.
NavaneethPar
Rep:
?
(Original post by StarLinyx)
Cranfield is an excellent university. But the Food industry generally is a dreadful place to work.
Oh thanks but I am from food industrial background. Thank you for the info. But what about the part time opportunities? Any part time jobs available for students in the area?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NavaneethPar)
Oh thanks but I am from food industrial background. Thank you for the info. But what about the part time opportunities? Any part time jobs available for students in the area?
Cranfield is in a relatively rural setting and so there will be far fewer opportunities for part time work than in many universities in cities
Cranfield University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NavaneethPar)
Hi NavaneethPar.

I just replied to you on another thread but can jump in here too!

threeportdrift is right in that we are a very rural university, our campus is actually an old RAF base, hence the airstrip, so it's out in the countryside. It's quite unique in its setting and I find it wonderfully peaceful, but yes it does limit the employment opportunities. Part time work is generally limited to what's on campus, so there is work doing things like Ambassador work like I'm doing now, there are roles doing cleaning in the morning before your lectures, and also some jobs working in the bars and shops on campus, although these are very limited.
There are of course opportunities off campus, if you live in the neighbouring towns of Bedford or Milton Keynes there are lots of shops, restaurants, etc, where you can find part time work, but then you have to consider commuting to and from campus every day, either by bus or car as it is too far to walk and cycling isn't recommended on these roads.

Katherine
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads