How does your year 2021 rank compared to previous years so far?

Watch
username1240252
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In what aspects of life is it better/worse than your previous years, especially 2020 and 2019?
Doomotron
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My life has got worse the past few years, and I expect that a lot of people will be saying the same thing in this thread.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2019 was an awful year. My mother in law died, the dog got cancer, and I was hospitalised with pneumonia.
2020 was another awful year. My daughter was hospitalised with meningitis, and then... ya know... the whole Covid situation. Everything felt weird all year.

This year has been much better. Despite the ever present threat of Covid, things are much calmer in general. We've settled into a routine.

2012 was the best year though.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
shite

family deaths, lots of illness - even outside of covid
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2021 has been the worst year of my life so far. I have lost both of my beloved cats this year to cancer. If you know me on here, you know my cats were my life. I lost my boy in March to a sudden cardiac arrest when he under went tests for his cancer. The real skick in the gut was that the tests showed his cancer wasn't that bad and he had a good chance but he died of a sudden cardiac arrest 30 mins before I was due to bring him home :cry2: and then I lost his sister 4 weeks ago to pancreatic cancer. She had been to the vets every week almost for months and scans and tests kept coming back negative for sinister things until the last scan 4 weeks ago and I chose to put her to sleep. In a way it was easier because I saw her go downhill for months since we lost her brother but in a way it was worse because I could see she wasn't herself for months eg vomiting every day, losing weight etc but all the tests we done came back negative until the last scan. Even 3 weeks before the last scan, her scans showed nothing but constipation.

This is the first time in 10 years me and my husband have been cat-less. They were our lives and while we know one day we will be ready to adopt again, we need time to grieve first. I lost my stepdad suddenly in 2019 to a cardiac arrest as well, almost in similar circumstances to my cat tbh so it brought a lot back and then last month my dad broke his hip and suffered delrium bad in hospital due to his end stage renal failure, painkillers and injuries. That was a not a fun experience but thankfully, he has came around. I was also in a car crash 2 months ago. Thankfully we were all fine and the car was fixed but my god what a fright. Tbh, I count losing my stepdad in Dec 2019, 2020 and this year all as one year. Its just been a nightmare almost every day since he died and its been one thing after another.

My mental health even before losing my cats was absolute hell. Again, you may know my MH story from here but last year was the worst MH year of my life and just when I was starting to climb again, this year hit and dissociation, flashbacks and agoraphobia have been bad this year. The worst its ever been, even worse than 2020.

I sound so pessimistic but compared to others, my life and year has been better than most. Even on the worst days, I am still grateful for life. I just can't deny that the last year or so has knocked me for six in a million ways but again, each day has its blessings :hugs:
Last edited by Rum Ham; 1 month ago
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
New experiences, no school, driving lessons, more freedom, but it's the worst so far. 2012-2013 was the best for me.
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Considering I have lived a lot of years, I've have to say 2021 is still down low.

2018 was bad as we lost a lot of family, 2020 we had holidays cancelled, and 2021 same again, but health issues in the family to add on.
2017 was a good year, promotion, new car, holiday
2014 I gave up smoking after years of the horrid habit since smoking from 16 years old, so that was a triumph year.

out of the worst years it would rank like this worst first:

Best years would rank best like this:
JPoynter14
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2021 was awful until about april, but since then it has been steadily improving and will hit new heights when university rolls around in September. 2020 went the other way, with an amazing jan-feb preceding abject periods between march - may and oct - dec.

Still nothing on 2018-19 (which i consider my golden years so far)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads