Maths GCSE revision

Watch
Marxx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I want to do some maths revision over summer before going into year 11. I am doing AQA and I am currently on grade 7. Does anyone know any good websites where you can do some questions except the obvious ones like Hegarty Maths or Maths Genie. I want to aim for a higher grade but feel like it will be impossible without a tutor (which I really don’t want to have). So any tips on how to effectively revise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Elz15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The CPG maths book is very useful and what I used to revise for my maths GCSE (just finished year 11). My predicted grade is an 8. I would also recommend learning the formulas you have to know BUT don't learn the ones you get in the exams. For example, make flashcards with all the formulas and just start learning them it will give you a great start and the teachers will be very impressed. I would also recommend mathswatch but we used it through the school so I'm not sure whether you'd be able to get it. When you start year 11 just focus really hard on the teachers and always copy down notes neatly so you can easily look back at them. Try and do some practice papers or even just some practice questions. What I did is I watched a maths video - there are so many good ones online like The GCSE Maths Tutor - and then I did a few practice questions. Back to the CGP book 100% recommend this it saved my life. I started at the beginning of the book at the basics so I knew that I'd definitely secured that and then I just did a couple of questions. This really boosted me infront of my classmates as they had forgotten basic maths such as fractions especially when you have to learn completing the square and simultaneous equations. Good luck and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. I hope this helps and good luck for year 11

also you do not need a tutor to succeed in maths. When I was little I really struggled with maths but now I'm way more confident and I never had a tutor. Just concentrate in class, do hwk well etc and you'll be fine. All the best x
pen_to_paper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve just started to use onmaths and I find it super helpful!! They have exam questions on all topics and it has ‘demon questions’ too, which are the hardest types of questions in gcse. They also have past papers. My favourite thing about it is that it’s free and it also has a grade prediction every topic or past paper you do. hope this helps.
Marxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by pen_to_paper)
I’ve just started to use onmaths and I find it super helpful!! They have exam questions on all topics and it has ‘demon questions’ too, which are the hardest types of questions in gcse. They also have past papers. My favourite thing about it is that it’s free and it also has a grade prediction every topic or past paper you do. hope this helps.
Hi! So I just checked out this website and it’s really useful actually. I just want to know if for this site it matters whether you do aqa of edexcel?
pen_to_paper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Marxx)
Hi! So I just checked out this website and it’s really useful actually. I just want to know if for this site it matters whether you do aqa of edexcel?
I believe (although I may be wrong) that the content of both boards is relatively similar, just different question styles. However I just checked and they have aqa resources too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (110)
14.65%
My mental health (110)
14.65%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.91%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
17.98%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.85%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.64%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads