The Student Room Group

How often do experience lonliness; were you ever ashamed of it for any reason?

It is a difficult topic to talk about but according to many studies people may feel ashamed of talking about loneliness in the fear of being seen socially unsuccessful

How often do you people experience loneliness and how easy/difficult is it for you to overcome?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

All the time, at night, in the morning, just..loneliness
often. would have got more replies if this was posted in the appropriate forum.
I feel lonely sometimes. I don't feel ashamed of that, it's just a fact of life.
I tend to feel loneliner on happier days and celebrations because there's no one or very few people to share that happiness with. I don't talk about it because I don't want to ruin the happiness of the people that are happy around me.
not ashamed but embarrassed.
Reply 6
Original post by Obolinda

Why are you embarrassed?
last year it was every week, now that I'm back with my family its like once a month
Original post by CaptainDuckie
often. would have got more replies if this was posted in the appropriate forum.

Ah, my mistake, to be honest I have not posted on TSR in years, I cannot remember what the best section for these kind of open questions would be - "Chat"?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I feel lonely sometimes. I don't feel ashamed of that, it's just a fact of life.

I see
Original post by AnActor184
I tend to feel loneliner on happier days and celebrations because there's no one or very few people to share that happiness with. I don't talk about it because I don't want to ruin the happiness of the people that are happy around me.

Interesting
Original post by Obolinda

I would give thumbs up but I already did on some of your other posts

I suppose just like how people often avoid talking about their inner problems in the fear of being seen unsuccessful in their personal lives :frown: But I agree it should not be a taboo subject
Original post by Robert Walpole
”chat”?

yes.
Ah sorry, :frown: don't be
Experiencing it right now, and have been for months.
Reply 12
Every day.
Constantly since never been connected to anyone even family

Not ashamed, it's my problem to deal with, just not yet found how to deal with it yet.
I have never felt lonely.

When I'm on my own, I'm happy or content.
When I'm with other people I'm happy or content too.

I can't think of any reason why my mood should be affected in a negative way because I'm on my own.

I understand that other people can feel lonely. There's not much, if anything, that I can do about that.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
I have never felt lonely.

When I'm on my own, I'm happy or content.
When I'm with other people I'm happy or content too.

I can't think of any reason why my mood should be affected in a negative way because I'm on my own.

I understand that other people can feel lonely. There's not much, if anything, that I can do about that.

lol fair enough. You hold a point.
hugs and prayers
Original post by LeafMeAlonee
All the time, at night, in the morning, just..loneliness

I’m sorry you feel like that :frown: honestly I’m going through a period like this too and it sucks, most days all I want to do is come home and get into bed, the thing that gets me through is remembering that it’s only temporary
Rarely. It is more common for me to wish I had the space to be alone for a bit and decompress.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m sorry you feel like that :frown: honestly I’m going through a period like this too and it sucks, most days all I want to do is come home and get into bed, the thing that gets me through is remembering that it’s only temporary

:hugs:
Ty, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way too,:redface: and i feel you, sometimes bed is an escape.
But you are right, it's temporary, We'll be ok!
If you ever want to talk you can pm :h:

Quick Reply

Latest