Healthcare scientist without STP?(cardiac physiology) STP alternative routes?

Watch this thread
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have searched TSR and can only find answers from several year ago! Sorry however if you do feel this question is repetitive! I cannot seem to find any definitive answers!

Are there any ways to get into cardiac physiology without the STP?

I wanted to become a physiologist and have just got 2:1 in Bsc medical Physiology but feel stuck!
I applied to the STP and was shortlisted but never made it to interview and was just advised to apply again next year by my uni careers adviser.
As a mature student who is nearly 30, I cannot afford to waste time hoping to be successful again next year.

Are there any other masters course or ways to get into cardiac physiology without STP? The only information I have found is that you can either apply to the STP again or do a phd and masters alongside working in that environment which I cannot seem to find any suitable masters.

I just feel like I wasted the past three years and have done a course with little career prospects 🙃
jaeisjazz
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Heya,

If you’re interested in the echocardiography side of being a cardiac physiologist I’d keep my eye on the NHS Jobs website for echo training positions. Many hospitals offer them as there’s a shortage of BSE accredited echocardiographers. Also you’d be paid while training so definitely have a look there!

Hope that helps
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by jaeisjazz)
Heya,

If you’re interested in the echocardiography side of being a cardiac physiologist I’d keep my eye on the NHS Jobs website for echo training positions. Many hospitals offer them as there’s a shortage of BSE accredited echocardiographers. Also you’d be paid while training so definitely have a look there!

Hope that helps
Thank you! That’s really useful, I’ll keep my eyes out and have a look now!

Thanks again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (47)
30.92%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
44.08%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (37)
24.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.66%

Watched Threads