Why is there so many hate towards black cosplayer?

Watch
devil.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I really want to get into the cosplay industry, but after reading so many hateful comments mostly towards black females cosplayer I don’t really want to do it anymore.
Why so many hate towards to black cosplayer mostly black females?
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know, and I'm sorry to hear it, but I am somewhat concerned that there is a "cosplay industry". A hobby I can somewhat understand, but an industry!?
devil.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ascend)
I don't know, and I'm sorry to hear it, but I am somewhat concerned that there is a "cosplay industry". A hobby I can somewhat understand, but an industry!?
Yes, cosplay use to be a hobby but has evolve globally, many companies, business and organisations are focusing on cosplay. Some companies or organisational would hold a cosplay competition. But coming back to my question how come their is many hate towards black cosplayer?
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn’t even know there was hate towards black female cosplayers.

If there is, I would hazard a guess that there probably aren’t that many black female characters to cosplay as, and it’s probably more difficult for a black female person to convincingly look like a character who isn’t black and female.
da_nolo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i never heard of this. where is it? where did you witness it?
devil.
Rep:
?
(Original post by da_nolo)
i never heard of this. where is it? where did you witness it?
Twitter: a black female cosplay character from demon slayer named nazkuo, she received so much hate, racism comments that she’d had to go private on Twitter. Another one is a black female cosplayer who cosplay a another character from demon slayer as a result her account on tiktok got banned due to the amounts of reports she received from the hater/trolls, etc. Their so many examples
Sha-ney-ney
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is it because it's cultural appropriation?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What even is 'black cosplay industry'?

(Original post by Sha-ney-ney)
Is it because it's cultural appropriation?
I still find it hilarious that the morons who think this is a thing are, ironically enough being racist themselves when they think it can only go one way. I still remember sme loon having a go at me when i was wearing a Sarong once.. god it was fun winding them up :rolleyes:
Sha-ney-ney
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
What even is 'black cosplay industry'?

I still find it hilarious that the morons who think this is a thing are, ironically enough being racist themselves when they think it can only go one way. I still remember sme loon having a go at me when i was wearing a Sarong once.. god it was fun winding them up :rolleyes:
I think jabbing back with humour is a good taktick. I had to google sarong and it looks like a skirt, is this correct? by the way who's culture were you accused of appropriating?

Cultural appropriation is a silly concept, but saying that white British people could argue that any other race/culture as the SJW like to point out are, culturally appropriating the internet.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sha-ney-ney)
I think jabbing back with humour is a good taktick. I had to google sarong and it looks like a skirt, is this correct? by the way who's culture were you accused of appropriating?

Cultural appropriation is a silly concept, but saying that white British people could argue that any other race/culture as the SJW like to point out are, culturally appropriating the internet.
Yes thats about right, its Indonesian dress, rather comfy in summer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.74%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.87%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.82%

Watched Threads