Period cramps aren’t that bad! Get on with it!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I get so fed up hearing about girls complaining about their periods, saying it’s torture and it’s the worst thing ever. They complain that we should be allowed to take the week of work.

I do not share this view, periods are mildly inconvenient but I believe people hugely overreact. Cramps are barely painful and I believe that people who state them to be (that don’t have a medical condition) are lying for attention.

What are your views on this? Anyone else agree?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
With respect I completely disagree with you. I think everyone’s different: some people hardly bleed and some have large amounts of blood, some people barely get hormonal and other’s really struggle to regulate their feelings & some people get practically unnoticeable cramps whilst others are plagued with horribly painful cramps. There are also lots of side effects people have (like feeling nauseated, faint or dizzy) which could contribute to women wanting to be allowed the week off. I, myself, definitely would never say people are lying for attention- however- there are things that can be done to improve periods including a change of diet which one might want to consider before asking for time off work. Obviously the whole situation with getting time off work would have to be looked at in a business point of view as it would be hard to make it financially viable but I don’t own a business nor do I know enough about that to really comment my opinions.
In conclusion… please respect and respond with sympathy to those claiming they have horrible periods as they really can be that bad.
P.S. this may have sounded like I’m ‘having a go’ but I’m not trying to at all
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I get so fed up hearing about girls complaining about their periods, saying it’s torture and it’s the worst thing ever. They complain that we should be allowed to take the week of work.

I do not share this view, periods are mildly inconvenient but I believe people hugely overreact. Cramps are barely painful and I believe that people who state them to be (that don’t have a medical condition) are lying for attention.

If you're a guy.
Anonymous #1
With respect I completely disagree with you. I think everyone’s different: some people hardly bleed and some have large amounts of blood, some people barely get hormonal and other’s really struggle to regulate their feelings & some people get practically unnoticeable cramps whilst others are plagued with horribly painful cramps. There are also lots of side effects people have (like feeling nauseated, faint or dizzy) which could contribute to women wanting to be allowed the week off. I, myself, definitely would never say people are lying for attention- however- there are things that can be done to improve periods including a change of diet which one might want to consider before asking for time off work. Obviously the whole situation with getting time off work would have to be looked at in a business point of view as it would be hard to make it financially viable but I don’t own a business nor do I know enough about that to really comment my opinions.
In conclusion… please respect and respond with sympathy to those claiming they have horrible periods as they really can be that bad.
Thanks for your opinion! Didn’t come across that way at all ☺️
Anonymous #1
Thanks for your opinion! Didn’t come across that way at all ☺️

(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
If you're a guy. **** off.
I’m a girl.
OctoberRain7
Badges: 15
Report 2 months ago
Depending on the person, they can be very bad. When I was younger I had cramps so bad I couldn't walk. I still can get migraines around my period which I'm forced to work through more often than I'd like. In those kind of circumstances, having time off may be the best solution (in cases where people can't actually function) and at least having some sympathy costs nothing and is usually well-deserved. You're lucky to have mild period-related symptoms, but not everyone is like you.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
Count yourself lucky if they are just mildly inconvenient for you. Have been in hospital because of the pain from mine.
omgisabel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

everyone is different. while yours may not hurt, others may hurt a lot more. different people have different pain tolerances. respectfully, you're an idiotic ****head and you need to stay in your goddamn lane.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by omgisabel)
everyone is different. while yours may not hurt, others may hurt a lot more. different people have different pain tolerances. respectfully, you're an idiotic ****head and you need to stay in your goddamn lane.
What you said was not respectful. And if that is your reaction to someone having their own opinion then you need to learn to stay in your own god dam lane
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
What you said was not respectful. And if that is your reaction to someone having their own opinion then you need to learn to stay in your own god dam lane
what you said in this thread is also not respectful
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by black tea)
what you said in this thread is also not respectful
How so? Sharing my opinion on how they could better use their amazing grades?! Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t make it disrespectful. I didn’t say anything to hurt anyone’s feelings but to give them honest experience
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How so? Sharing my opinion on how they could better use their amazing grades?! Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t make it disrespectful. I didn’t say anything to hurt anyone’s feelings but to give them honest experience
This thread is not on grades - perhaps read the title to remind yourself what it's on if you can't remember. Telling people that you think their experiences are invalid and that they are lying for attention is bound to hurt their feelings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads