The Student Room Group

Year Nine - September 2021

Any advice for Year Nine that will make it easier?

My subjects are:
-Textiles
-Economics
-Computing
-Drama
-German

(sorry if it’s the wrong forumπŸ˜—βœŒοΈ)
Original post by mummypig01

My subjects are:
-Textiles
-Economics
-Computing
-Drama
-German

I'd go against what most people on here will probably say and tell you to take it easy. Year 9 is probably the last year you can 'relax' a little, so there's no need to get too worried about GCSEs when they're still 3 years away. If you're starting some GCSE content this year, then sure maybe spend a little more time when you're revising for end of topic tests or whatever, but don't go too mad.
Reply 2

My subjects are:
-Textiles
-Economics
-Computing
-Drama
-German

Definitely take it easy with Year 9, but do remember that you're probably starting some GCSE content this year or next year (Year 10). With German, make sure you learn your vocabulary and grammatical tense - you can also do some practice with Duolingo. For Economics, learn the definition of key economic terms and learn your diagrams - at GCSE, you'll probably cover the basic stuff such as a Supply and Demand diagram. Check the specification for more details. I did GCSE Computing back in the day (I'll be going into my third year of uni in September) and the best thing to do is definitely to pay attention in class and ask for help if you don't understand anything, especially when you start learning programming languages such as Python. I hope this helps! :wink:

My subjects are:
-Textiles
-Economics
-Computing
-Drama
-German

You are starting GCSE now? You have loads of time as most schools take 2 years ... donwload the specifications from the exam board website.

Quick Reply

Latest