Approximately how many job applications did you submit during your lifetime?

Watch
username1240252
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
And approximately what percentage got back to you with a response (i.e. first interview invitation)
Elz15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have applied to so many jobs and so far I've only been for one interview lol. What about you?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The number of jobs I've applied to is uncountable and the number of interviews I've had is countable. So the percentage is probably not great

Then again, you only need one successful interview so it doesn't really matter if you get that
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
username4521132
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it took me about 200 tailored applications to get a new job
interview rate was about 10%
cvgk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Elz15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have applied to about 50 jobs and only got one interview so far. I haven't even heard back from them. My friend quickly got a job and then got offered another job. Some people are just lucky I guess
rr0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am in my 60s and I have retired.

In my life I have applied for over 1,500 jobs and had about 50 interviews which resulted in 7 jobs.

My worse period of unemployment was 15 months during which I applied for over 650 jobs and had about 17 interviews before securing a job.

My career was in IT as a computer programmer/support analyst. In those days we didn't have access to the internet and had no idea which technologies were trending. Websites like http://www.ITJobsWatch.co.uk make it much easier to identify which IT skills you need to learn in order to keep up to date.
Last edited by rr0; 1 month ago
route255
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Applied for loads due to being unemployed for last year until recently. Quite good at getting interviews, make the effort with CV and cover letter.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have lost count over the years
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed