What can I do if I fail everything?

Watch
Anonymous18373
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im failing all my GCSE's, I have no future. What can I do?
I got depression, anxiety and Im hopeless. I got a year till GCSEs but I dont stand a chance against ot no matter how much i try. I dont know anything about my subjects because of my depression Im going insane
Blackrose06
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
try and make a seneca account. it i really helpful. i was failing gcse pe, and it has helped me.
https://app.senecalearning.com/dashboard
emo94
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Firstly, I’m sorry mate that you’re going through a lot at the moment. Having mental health issues and such low self esteem is not an ideal situation to find yourself in. But if there is anything I want you to remember today is that your situation you’re in now is temporary and things will change.

In regards to your education, at least you’ve acknowledged you’re not exactly excelling in your academics and that self awareness is a start. I advise you get the syllabus for the various gcse subjects you study and understand what you must learn to pass. Then from there on use various resources such as YouTube, text books and possibly a tutor to assist you where you are most weak. You’ll need to make regular study part of your routine.

Furthermore, I guarantee you you are not hopeless. We all have our strengths in life and you simply have not had the time due to your ongoing battles to find them. I will not let a fail education wise determine your self worth. There are countless number of role models out there who failed academically but are still successes today. Then again, we all have varied definitions of success. Mine is to simply be able to have enough to be financially independent and cater to the needs of my family and myself. Not Getting GCSEs will not stop you from living a fulfilled life.

If you fail GCSEs there are NVQ courses out there, jobs for school leavers being made available at world renowned organisations, you can learn a trade, own your business, learn important digital skills in the comfort of your own home via Microsoft learn, udemy, etc, work in hospitality or retail, the list goes on mate.

Yes, getting GCSEs can open significant doors but it doesn’t close up all doors in life.

Keep your head up mate. The future is brighter than you think.
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not knowledgable on the options you have, but failing GCSE's doesn't mean that you'll never get employed. Qualifications are just stepping stones to achieve a salary that's above average in the UK.
Blackrose06
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh and richard branson only got 1 gcse and look what he owns,(the entire virgin franchise and his own private island)
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Redo at college if you want?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise