do english people like irish people?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi i’m irish and i go to an english uni. i feel like people don’t expect me to be from ireland and when they hear my accent they are shocked and barely speak to me again. i’ve heard of people saying irish and english don’t like each other
username5655466
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean, i don't see why they won't like you
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Obviously historically there were tensions but I don't think you'll have (m)any problems nowadays.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll receive a warmer welcome here than an Englishman would in Ireland, that's for sure.
username5129378
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, love the irish accent too.
sophiamumtaz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i love irish people a lottt ~ coming from an english person. i love their accents and yes some people will be a bit shocked because sometimes we don't really understand you! only sometimes though i would personally love to go to ireland some day and meet some irish people! x
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For starters, there's bound to be an Irish Society at your uni.

Is your accent particularly strong, or do you speak quickly? It may simply be they struggle to understand you.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the individual person, their personal preferences and how easy the accents are to understand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.58%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (76)
28.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.54%

Watched Threads