enigmapr0ject
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Results day is 2 weeks away, and I have nobody that I can celebrate results day with. I didn't make any friends in Sixth Form, my family can't celebrate it and the girl I have a crush on is too paranoid about COVID to even go outside the house.

Not sure what to do. This happened on GCSE results, I did nothing all day.

Anyone else who is also going to be doing absolutely nothing on results day, I guess forge a group and stick together!
enigmapr0ject
Rep:
?
Also love when the wrong forum gets assigned to the thread :P
Esme9812
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by enigmapr0ject)
Results day is 2 weeks away, and I have nobody that I can celebrate results day with. I didn't make any friends in Sixth Form, my family can't celebrate it and the girl I have a crush on is too paranoid about COVID to even go outside the house.

Anyone else who is also going to be doing absolutely nothing on results day, I guess forge a group and stick together!
You could just do something you enjoy. You don't have to do it with anybody and you could just spend time by yourself.
I'm getting my GCSE results this year and would rather spend the day alone than have to tell my whole family my results.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why can't your family celebrate it with you?
enigmapr0ject
Rep:
?
(Original post by gtty123)
Why can't your family celebrate it with you?
One family member is disabled, and another is at work and cannot get the time off.
Mara1680
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I don't know why this is a big deal.

I didn't do anything for GCSE results day. Not gonna do anything for my BTEC.

I mean, what is the point? It always felt like trying a little to hard to find any reason to celebrate at all. Kinda forced.
lisxnxli
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't know people did anything on results day, all I got was a well done from my parents on my GCSEs 😂
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How about you celebrate result day with an online party and invite the rest of TSR? :goodluck: :party2:
agent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just try and spend the day doing things you enjoy- watch youtube? Game?

(Original post by londonmyst)
How about you celebrate result day with an online party and invite the rest of TSR? :goodluck: :party2:
Or you could definitely do this ^ :woo:

Good luck all the same!
Last edited by agent37; 1 month ago
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go out by urself, as daunting as it sounds it’s one of the most fulfilling things to do and definitely boosts ur confidence. Go out to eat or get a picnic or suttin n go to a park n chill, like it’s not by force to be doing something with loads of people - u got this x
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One family member is disabled, and another is at work and cannot get the time off.
In this case, I'd advise to either spend it alone or don't celebrate it at all.
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Hi enigmapr0ject,
As someone who spent their results day night stressing over clearing places, I can promise you it is just another night like any other. If you want to celebrate, the best thing about celebrating on your own is that you get to do exactly what you want, at your own pace- so try and make the most of it in this way, and if you want to celebrate it with others too you could have a belated celebration with them as well, or a little zoom call for those wanting to stay in their house. It really is up to you, I hope you can work something out that allows you to let off some steam as you deserve after working hard for two years.
Lizzy, Student ambassador
enigmapr0ject
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Pretty good idea, might do that
enigmapr0ject
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uni of Hull Students)
Hi enigmapr0ject,
As someone who spent their results day night stressing over clearing places, I can promise you it is just another night like any other. If you want to celebrate, the best thing about celebrating on your own is that you get to do exactly what you want, at your own pace- so try and make the most of it in this way, and if you want to celebrate it with others too you could have a belated celebration with them as well, or a little zoom call for those wanting to stay in their house. It really is up to you, I hope you can work something out that allows you to let off some steam as you deserve after working hard for two years.
Lizzy, Student ambassador
Thank you
BoxHead11
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do not remember my results day. It is a very important day and you should be proud of your result but I promise you that the memories you create at university will far outweigh any celebration on the day. Ultimately, your time at university will be the reward of all the work you put into your A-Levels. That said, I hope it is a good day for you and that you get the results you want. Best of luck!
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why can't your disabled family member celebrate with you at home?

We're a home educating family, and my husband is disabled, so it's just us at home (parents and kids). We're going to be ordering takeaway on GCSE results day, and maybe having a family game evening (VR or board games). Yeah it's nothing massive, but it's a treat.

I don't think I did anything on my own GCSE results day. It's hard to remember the day at all to be honest. I don't even remember the moment I collected my results!
I remember getting in the car with my mam after picking up my results, but I don't think much else happened after that.
Last edited by PinkMobilePhone; 1 month ago
jennifer_baafi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
same
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is going to be me because my dad is going to be having an operation next week and I don't live with my Mum so it'll just be me and my sisters so we'll probably just order a takeaway and watch a horror movie.
I went out on GCSE results day but honestly, it wasn't that exciting and I knew loads of people who just went home after.
enigmapr0ject
Rep:
?
Just to clear up: this will be my A-Level results day; the site put my thread into the wrong category and I cannot change it, apologies!

Thank you everyone for your comments
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.82%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.97%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.13%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
41.03%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (20)
25.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.56%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.85%

Watched Threads