Do many students live in Lewes after their first year?

Watch
MaySouth177
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a 23 year old student about to start a PhD. I'd like to be able to rent a studio or something small for myself and this seems to be a lot more within budget in Lewes. Do many students live here? Especially postgrad? Or will I be making my social life a lot more difficult by living out there.
Last edited by MaySouth177; 1 month ago
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MaySouth177)
I'm a 23 year old student about to start a PhD. I'd like to be able to rent a studio or something small for myself and this seems to be a lot more within budget in Lewes. Do many students live here? Especially postgrad? Or will I be making my social life a lot more difficult by living out there.
Hello, thank you for your question.

Unfortunately I have not lived off-campus thus far and hence, I am not really sure how many postgraduates live in Lewes. However, I would presume that since the area is reasonably cheap/close to campus, it would be a choice for many... Although, to be more certain you may find it useful to join University of Sussex Facebook House Hunt Group and/or direct your questions to the Sussex Housing Services ([email protected]; +44 (0)1273 678220). Furthermore, even though flat-mates/neighbours are one big part of social life, certainly there are many alternative opportunities to meet new people and make friends at Sussex, e.g., via taking part in specific societies and social events organised by the Student Union. Still, I hope you find the type of housing you are looking for; and of course, do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further queries .

All the Best,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSci with a Year Abroad)
Last edited by University of Sussex Official Reps; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed