The Student Room Group

Uni applications

I’m about to go into year 13 am I meant to be doing uni applications? Like right now? Bc I did not know that, I did my personal statement but that’s about it n have been to internships m work experiences etc but I don’t know if I’m meant to apply to unis now
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
I’m about to go into year 13 am I meant to be doing uni applications? Like right now? Bc I did not know that, I did my personal statement but that’s about it n have been to internships m work experiences etc but I don’t know if I’m meant to apply to unis now

Which universities and courses are you thinking of applying for?
Original post by PQ
Which universities and courses are you thinking of applying for?

Russel group unis like uni of Warwick, uni of bath etc and I’m planning on doing English and then a law conversation x
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
Russel group unis like uni of Warwick, uni of bath etc and I’m planning on doing English and then a law conversation x

If you’re not applying to oxbridge or medicine then this summer is the time to be getting your research into universities and courses sorted and putting together your personal statement.

Your school/college should be able to explain what your deadlines are to get your application submitted to them so that they’ve got time to write and add your reference before the January 2022 deadline.

Have a look at some university websites and book onto some open days (online or in person) and start drafting your PS.
Hi Msbrownie.xo

IF you are wanting to attend University straight out of your A-Levels without a gap year then this is the year to be applying yes. I've attached the UCAS's key dates from this past year to give you a better idea (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/scheme/undergraduate/type/key-date), but most Unis will want applications in at the start of the year (late January), to then reply with offers around May time and allow you to make accommodation plans etc. Your sixth form/college will be able to help guide you through this but the sooner you can start looking can make your decisions/process a lot easier and smoother.
Hope this helps!
Lizzy, Student ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PQ
If you’re not applying to oxbridge or medicine then this summer is the time to be getting your research into universities and courses sorted and putting together your personal statement.

Your school/college should be able to explain what your deadlines are to get your application submitted to them so that they’ve got time to write and add your reference before the January 2022 deadline.

Have a look at some university websites and book onto some open days (online or in person) and start drafting your PS.

Oh thank god, yhh I written my first draft of my personal statement but I’ll defo improve before school starts but thank you so much for ur help xx
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi Msbrownie.xo

IF you are wanting to attend University straight out of your A-Levels without a gap year then this is the year to be applying yes. I've attached the UCAS's key dates from this past year to give you a better idea (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/scheme/undergraduate/type/key-date), but most Unis will want applications in at the start of the year (late January), to then reply with offers around May time and allow you to make accommodation plans etc. Your sixth form/college will probably be able to help guide you through this but the sooner you can start looking can make your decisions/process a lot easier and smoother.
Hope this helps!
Lizzy, Student ambassador

Ooh thank you so much I appreciate that <3
If you are not applying for Oxford or Cambridge, or for Medicine, Dentistry, Vet Science - you have until Jan 2022 to apply.

Take your time. Go to in-person Open Days, listen to subject/course presentations, think about the reality of being at each University - and make 5 careful choices.

Useful reading - How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending