Rejecting firm uni choice for insurance

Watch
aprilmae
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Since covid restrictions have lessened I was able to visit my insurance choice and fell in love with it. I was hoping to swap my firm and insurance but noticed I had missed the deadline by a few days (so gutted!). I'm looking into other ways of going to my insurance such as asking my firm choice whether they could reject me on results day (will message beforehand) but haven't found any conclusive information on this. I do not want to go into clearing so does anyone know any way I could still go to my insurance?
heccyeah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Will I lose my insurance place if I decline my firm place?
Yes, by declining your firm place, you’ll enter Clearing, and you can apply to a uni or college with vacancies.
If you want to go to your insurance place, you should phone them to see if they will accept you before declining your firm place.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...rm-place-track
Last edited by heccyeah; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aprilmae)
Since covid restrictions have lessened I was able to visit my insurance choice and fell in love with it. I was hoping to swap my firm and insurance but noticed I had missed the deadline by a few days (so gutted!). I'm looking into other ways of going to my insurance such as asking my firm choice whether they could reject me on results day (will message beforehand) but haven't found any conclusive information on this. I do not want to go into clearing so does anyone know any way I could still go to my insurance?
Talk to your insurance and ask if they’ll honour your offer if you apply back to them in clearing. They will be able to explain if that’s something that they will be happy to do.
aprilmae
Rep:
?
(Original post by heccyeah)
Will I lose my insurance place if I decline my firm place?
Yes, by declining your firm place, you’ll enter Clearing, and you can apply to a uni or college with vacancies.
If you want to go to your insurance place, you should phone them to see if they will accept you before declining your firm place.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...rm-place-track
thank you for the reply but I'm aware that rejecting the course myself would put me into clearing but what if I contacted the uni prior to results day and asked them to reject me? I'm hoping that would work the same way as it would if I did not meet their offer so I would be directed to my insurance instead rather than clearing :/
aprilmae
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Talk to your insurance and ask if they’ll honour your offer if you apply back to them in clearing. They will be able to explain if that’s something that they will be happy to do.
Thank you for the reply but my insurance uni doesn't enter clearing so not sure what to do eek!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for the reply but my insurance uni doesn't enter clearing so not sure what to do eek!
They can accept you via clearing without advertising vacancies.

Talk to them
Xtn21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
They can accept you via clearing without advertising vacancies.

Talk to them
I’m in same position. Let me know how you get on. I’m waiting for my insurance to get back to me.
aprilmae
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xtn21)
I’m in same position. Let me know how you get on. I’m waiting for my insurance to get back to me.
No official news just yet but I contacted my firm choice first to ask if they could make my application unsuccessful on results day so I could be passed along to my insurance instead. Perhaps that could be something that works for you! My firm is taking their time to respond though so not sure it'll work just yet >.<
heccyeah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No official news just yet but I contacted my firm choice first to ask if they could make my application unsuccessful on results day so I could be passed along to my insurance instead. Perhaps that could be something that works for you! My firm is taking their time to respond though so not sure it'll work just yet >.<
Have you talked to your insurance?
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I'm aware you'd have to miss the grades.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That would be breaking ucas rules.

You need to talk (on the phone don’t email) to your insurance choice and ask if they’ll accept you via clearing now that you have missed the deadline for reply swaps. If they agree ask them to confirm that in writing
aprilmae
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
That would be breaking ucas rules.

You need to talk (on the phone don’t email) to your insurance choice and ask if they’ll accept you via clearing now that you have missed the deadline for reply swaps. If they agree ask them to confirm that in writing
Oh no I had no idea, thank you for letting me know! I'll make sure to do that first thing Monday
Chocolatte148
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Last edited by Chocolatte148; 1 month ago
Chocolatte148
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Last edited by Chocolatte148; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads