Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
She refuses to listen to me, my father and the people around her. Always shouting and getting into arguments.

She wasn't like this in the past, she was strict like most asian parents getting me to study but still allowed me some free time to go outside with friends. And she had at least some consideration and respect for people around us, so we were on fairly good terms with everyone. Then she begun to have panic attacks and tried doing meditation which I think is what started this madness. For three years she has been listening to affirmations almost 24/7, it helps her calm down but I think it also drills the wrong idea. Stuff like "I am the universe","I will not let anyone hurt me", "I will not be shaken by other's opinions". I think this somehow fueled her arrogance.

But back to the problem, I genuinely think she's going insane. She is so arrogant, every phone call I've heard her go on, in the first 2 minutes there is shouting.

She also treats me with no respect. I am 18 now and she treats me with less respect than when I was a child.

I just want to make her realise somehow that she isn't above everyone. I can tolerate she treating me and my bed-ridden dad poorly, but I just want her to stop picking fights with random people.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My mum was the same. I couldn't wait to move out for uni. Now 3 years later I have depression and anxiety from childhood trauma. I wish I could've seeked help when I was younger to not get to this stage but there's nothing I can do about that now. There were things she did just for attention so moving out helped calm her down a bit as she couldn't 'act' in front of anyone for sympathy or attention.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Don't go to her house anymore
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.97%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.72%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.88%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
36.97%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (30)
25.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.52%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (8)
6.72%

Watched Threads