Is it legal for a business to not pay you if....

Watch
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So...
Recently, at my workplace £100 was taken out of my bosses purse. I wasnt working that night but they actually fired my co worker under suspicion that it was her. They have no evidence it was and I dont think she did do it at all. Money has been going missing before she even joined kinda thing. They are now threatening to not pay her for the week she worked just before she was fired. Can they even do this? Is there anything she can do if they don't pay her?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. Is your friend part of a trade union? If so she could contact the union rep immediately.
something_orphic
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
No. Is your friend part of a trade union? If so she could contact the union rep immediately.
Sadly no.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
Sadly no.
Ok, that's fine, tell her to get in touch with the citizen's advice bureau who should be able to best direct her toward an agreeable solution, they are a free service too, so she doesn't need to worry about that.
something_orphic
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Ok, that's fine, tell her to get in touch with the citizen's advice bureau who should be able to best direct her toward an agreeable solution, they are a free service too, so she doesn't need to worry about that.
Thank you so much!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
So...
Recently, at my workplace £100 was taken out of my bosses purse. I wasnt working that night but they actually fired my co worker under suspicion that it was her. They have no evidence it was and I dont think she did do it at all. Money has been going missing before she even joined kinda thing. They are now threatening to not pay her for the week she worked just before she was fired. Can they even do this? Is there anything she can do if they don't pay her?
No, they can't not pay her.
They may suspect it's her, but if they don't have any proof, then they don't know for deffinate.
I'd get her to contact the citizens advice bureau for advice on how to proceed from here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.13%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
17.95%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.26%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
7.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (15)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
20.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise