I don't know what to do

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I'm 19M and have recently met a 16 (soon to be 17) year old girl at my work. I really like this girl, she is kind, beautiful and we get along really well. I can't tell if she has any interest in me, however, I have noticed that she does try and spend time with me whenever she can.

I feel very conflicted. I know that should I make a move it would be legal, however, I can't help but feel slightly uncomfortable at the age gap. I also am very concerned at the impact this will have at my work. I won't be able to stay on if she says no, and if she says yes it will make things awkward with co-workers. The last thing I want is for people to think that I am taking advantage of her.

I really don't want her to be uncomfortable, I'd hate for her to think of me as a creep if I asked her out. I would like to keep her as a friend if she says no because I really like her as a person.

What would you recommend I do?
username5737602
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's really not worth it
Last edited by username5737602; 1 month ago
LeafMeAlonee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah, i dont know about it, leave work and love aside maybe, she's still really young tbh
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unpopular opinion but yes I think you should. It will play on your mind for a long time if you don't shoot your shot.
Also, I don't think the age gap is bad. At her age she probably knows what she's doing. Good luck
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I never used to think this, but dating someone at 18 or under seems too early to me (no longer supportive of it basically), at least in the UK. Things become legal, people develop an addiction or dependency on drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or gambling. It'll eventually develop into a difficult life. I'd wait until she's 19 to see if she's the same, you know, just in case.
Last edited by urlocalinmate; 1 month ago
Ketchup007
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,

I'm 19M and have recently met a 16 (soon to be 17) year old girl at my work. I really like this girl, she is kind, beautiful and we get along really well. I can't tell if she has any interest in me, however, I have noticed that she does try and spend time with me whenever she can.

I feel very conflicted. I know that should I make a move it would be legal, however, I can't help but feel slightly uncomfortable at the age gap. I also am very concerned at the impact this will have at my work. I won't be able to stay on if she says no, and if she says yes it will make things awkward with co-workers. The last thing I want is for people to think that I am taking advantage of her.

I really don't want her to be uncomfortable, I'd hate for her to think of me as a creep if I asked her out. I would like to keep her as a friend if she says no because I really like her as a person.

What would you recommend I do?
In my head she is a receptionist at Dunder Muflin Pam and your Jim
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I definitely think I will leave it alone for the time being.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I definitely think I will leave it alone for the time being.

To be fair, I do say that you should just leave it and wait a little bit longer until you know for definite what you both want.

Last thing you want is to make your job, which I’d imagine is most convenient for you, to be ruined.
Ketchup007
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hope you happiness
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads