Misinformation in your sixth form application- NEED HELP!!

Watch
imaanali1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am applying to 6th form and one subject which I am applying for is English Literature. One thing I will be putting on my application is when I established the school newsletter and lead it, however I stopped doing it after 2 years, which isn't something I will be including in my application or speaking about in my interview. Is this misinformation? Also if the 6th form was to call me for an interview do you think they would confirm this (newsletter extra curricular) with my school, or would they just confirm things like references and predicted grades with my school. I will be applying to all grammar 6th forms so do you think they would specifically confirm this or would they just read my reference and that's all, bearing in mind they have lots of external applicants to contact.
I am quite tense about this and would appreciate some help, thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’re worried then just be honest in your application that you established the paper and lead it for 2 years before stepping down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads