Anyone studied maths at uni of liverpool?

Watch
J128371
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thinking of doing maths or maths and physics at uni of Liverpool in sept but I know a few people have said the course isn’t great there. Just wondering if any current or recent students have anything to say about it. I also really want to work in London after my degree, do they have any links with businesses in London?
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J128371)
Thinking of doing maths or maths and physics at uni of Liverpool in sept but I know a few people have said the course isn’t great there. Just wondering if any current or recent students have anything to say about it. I also really want to work in London after my degree, do they have any links with businesses in London?
My friend just graduated from Maths and Theoretical Physics, and it seemed decent. The Careers Service is pretty good so I don't think you'd have any issue working in London afterwards. She got a fully funded PhD so I don't know the specifics about applying for jobs as a Maths grad, but the few that I do know have good jobs all over the place. They were badly impacted by the strikes, though, I will admit, but that's pot luck dependent on your department and year.
J128371
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sandtrooper)
My friend just graduated from Maths and Theoretical Physics, and it seemed decent. The Careers Service is pretty good so I don't think you'd have any issue working in London afterwards. She got a fully funded PhD so I don't know the specifics about applying for jobs as a Maths grad, but the few that I do know have good jobs all over the place. They were badly impacted by the strikes, though, I will admit, but that's pot luck dependent on your department and year.
I’ve seen a lot of people say that Liverpool is very like all over the place, did they find this in the teaching at all? Thanks for replying tho my main concern was finding a decent job in london after because I know most internships and stuff would be within liverpool
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve seen a lot of people say that Liverpool is very like all over the place, did they find this in the teaching at all? Thanks for replying tho my main concern was finding a decent job in london after because I know most internships and stuff would be within liverpool
To be honest, it's difficult to say because the Maths department was one of those most affected by strikes over the past four years, but it varied a lot by module.

That's definitely not the case, in fact most graduate jobs are in London, unless you want to do university research projects. If you go on LinkedIn, search for Liverpool and get on the alumni tab, you can see where graduates end up.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

I hope you're okay

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/chat/
Here's a link to a service the Uni offers called UniBuddy; it gives you the opportunity to speak with current students, enabling you to ask any questions you may have about your chosen course (in this case, maths / physics). After a quick search, I can see Rebecca currently studies Maths - so I'd recommend getting in touch with her to ask any questions you have about the maths degree / department.

I hope that's helpful

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.78%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.12%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.59%
I need help with my personal statement (80)
40.82%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (50)
25.51%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.53%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.65%

Watched Threads