Fruit09
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone tell me if SJT affects your overall score, and is this a new section compared to previous years because I thought the UCAT was mainly made up of 4 sections? Is it something I need to do well in, or does it not matter that much?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruit09)
Can someone tell me if SJT affects your overall score, and is this a new section compared to previous years because I thought the UCAT was mainly made up of 4 sections? Is it something I need to do well in, or does it not matter that much?
It is not new, SJT has always been there.
Some unis score it, some use it at interview, some ignore it, many will reject a B4, but not care other than that. So do well in it if you can, as otherwise it can limit your choices or scoring at/post interview
hungrysalamander
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aim for band 1 or 2 as most medical schools prefer it when selecting candidates for interview. You may have a hard time getting interviews with band 3 and need to apply strategically and it's almost impossible to get an interview with band 4.
Fruit09
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
It is not new, SJT has always been there.
Some unis score it, some use it at interview, some ignore it, many will reject a B4, but not care other than that. So do well in it if you can, as otherwise it can limit your choices or scoring at/post interview
Ok thanks,
What would you consider a good UCAT score and SJT band?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruit09)
Ok thanks,
What would you consider a good UCAT score and SJT band?
Depends on where you want to apply as each medical school uses the UCAT differently. The average score is 2500 and anything above 2700 is very good. You can see the deciles for the 2020 cycle here:
https://www.ucat.ac.uk/media/1446/uc...ted-281020.pdf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.04%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.04%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.99%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (44)
19.47%

Watched Threads