Turn on thread page Beta

What would happen financially if I have to reapply to university next year? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in university right now and trying to change to a completely different course but I am worried about what would happen with all the financial stuff i.e. the student loan, the grants, etc.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be ok, as they allow you one false start.

ReputationRep:
    ^ ditto

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Sweet.

What about if I switch to a foundation year? Would nothing change there as well?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, if I "drop out" and reapply next year and go back home I would still have to pay for accommodation won't I and the tuition fees, and everything else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaolinTemple)
    Seriously? Sweet.

What about if I switch to a foundation year? Would nothing change there as well?
    Apparently you're only allowed 4 years worth of funding. So this year would count as 1 then you've got foundation year another 1 plus 3 years on your course. You might run into difficulties.

ReputationRep:
    I just thought that people doing foundation years get less funding so I'll some things deducted from my funding if I switch to foundation year.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.