?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How is it and is it hard compared to gcse
yippy-yikes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I've just finished A-Level Chem, I'll try my best to give you an idea of what it's like :^_^:

Of course, all A-Levels are harder from GCSEs and can be quite a jump. One thing to watch out that there's a lot more maths stuff in A-Level Chem, most which are in the Physical Chemistry section (if we're talking AQA).

It's basically what you know from GCSEs and adding more depth into it in Year 12; then Year 13 is going into even more depth from the Year 12 content. Fun though! More interesting practicals and because you delve into topics more, it's more interesting. How do/did you find GCSE Chemistry by any chance?
Ghostface6001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by yippy-yikes)
Well I've just finished A-Level Chem, I'll try my best to give you an idea of what it's like :^_^:

Of course, all A-Levels are harder from GCSEs and can be quite a jump. One thing to watch out that there's a lot more maths stuff in A-Level Chem, most which are in the Physical Chemistry section (if we're talking AQA).

It's basically what you know from GCSEs and adding more depth into it in Year 12; then Year 13 is going into even more depth from the Year 12 content. Fun though! More interesting practicals and because you delve into topics more, it's more interesting. How do/did you find GCSE Chemistry by any chance?
Is the maths harder bc I found the moles tricky at gcse
And gcse chem was low key interesting and fascinating, just like bio, and the sixth form does aqa too
yippy-yikes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ghostface6001)
Is the maths harder bc I found the moles tricky at gcse
And gcse chem was low key interesting and fascinating, just like bio, and the sixth form does aqa too
Coming from a person who didn't do A-Level Maths (because I'm not the best at maths), I found it pretty tricky. But it is manageable, I did survive it lol. To do that though, you must ask your teachers for help - don't sit there and suffer through the pain!

If you are sure you want to take Chemistry (don't let the Maths deter you away!), do make sure you polish up your maths. If it means going back and fourth to your teachers then do that, it will only benefit you in the end :yep:

But like I said before, it is indeed interesting! If I could choose my A-levels again I would still pick Chemistry as one of them :^_^:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads