The Student Room Group

I hit my boyfriend by impulse

This girl comes up to me and ask how long my boyfriend and i been dating i said five years she tells me “i might want to check him because they been dating two years “. She started showing me pics and text messages. After i saw i got scared and felt betrayed so i went up to him which he was unaware and slapped him. I feel so horrible because he said he ****ed around with her two years before we met. A week later he tells me don’t ever put my hands on him and he finds me disgusting and don’t know how long he will feel this way. I don’t know what to do. I love him so much and i told him how sorry i am. I don’t know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Nothing you can do now, it’s up to your boyfriend how he wants to move forward. Domestic violence is NEVER acceptable, against anyone.
Original post by Son of the Sea
Nothing you can do now, it’s up to your boyfriend how he wants to move forward. Domestic violence is NEVER acceptable, against anyone.

Is it that deep though?😂😂
Original post by Ghostface6001

Are you implying hitting your partner isn’t serious?

are you really trying to downplay this?
Are you implying hitting your partner isn’t serious?

Nah not at all, but from my perspective if my gf hit me what harm can it do? Not like it’s gonna cause injury so for me personal if it was a one time thing I wouldn’t care, but I don’t condone that behaviour esp when guys are abusive
Nah not at all, but from my perspective if my gf hit me what harm can it do? Not like it’s gonna cause injury so for me personal if it was a one time thing I wouldn’t care, but I don’t condone that behaviour esp when guys are abusive

It’s not about it causing harm, it’s still domestic abuse and it can’t ever be excused.
It’s not about it causing harm, it’s still domestic abuse and it can’t ever be excused.

I agree, but that’s my personal opinion, but then again is it true if they do it once they’ll do it again or do ppl acc learn?
Never said that I said *esp* guys… as guys are much more stronger and women most of the time can not defend themselves but most guys can defend themselves from a woman and men are generally more violent and aggressive
I agree, but that’s my personal opinion, but then again is it true if they do it once they’ll do it again or do ppl acc learn?

I don’t know but even if they never do it again it doesn’t excuse the one time they did that. In this day an age I would think it quite common for even just one instance of domestic abuse to end a relationship.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
No self-respecting guy will put up with being hit. If you can convince him it was a one-time thing and you're sorry you might be fine, but it's up to him what he wants to do now.

If it was in front of his friends his reaction would probably be much worse.
It’s not the slap....

It’s your approach towards the issue. We didn’t even know if that was true. You have demonstrated that you fail to communicate.

Don’t lose the reason WHY you slapped him though. Both of you are at fault, I would say just leave it at that if you’re not ready to continue the relationship if/or when he forgives you

If he forgives you, have a sit-down discussion on the problem like adults, and decide your next steps of your relationship like adults.

You have gave him the sorry card, let him decide what he wants to do with it. You have experiences that you have to learn from.

Move on if he doesn’t accept it and don’t try proving him anything.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
i was so upset and acted on impulse because i felt betrayed and should have asked him. This will never happen again, never! I am upset with that girl because she is trying to destroy our relationship. Yesterday after gym he told me meet him in the parking lot because he needed to talk to me face to face. He said he wanted to talk about me hitting him and after he doesn’t want to hear about it anymore. He said I’m disgusting and he doesn’t know how long he will feel like that, i just want things back like they were. He doesn’t know how sorry i am. Deep down I know he is my soulmate and I’m not gonna give up but I don’t want to smother him either. He is the man i want to be with the rest of my life.
He should report you to the police.
Original post by heartswild
This girl comes up to me and ask how long my boyfriend and i been dating i said five years she tells me “i might want to check him because they been dating two years “. She started showing me pics and text messages. After i saw i got scared and felt betrayed so i went up to him which he was unaware and slapped him. I feel so horrible because he said he ****ed around with her two years before we met. A week later he tells me don’t ever put my hands on him and he finds me disgusting and don’t know how long he will feel this way. I don’t know what to do. I love him so much and i told him how sorry i am. I don’t know what to do.

You shouldn't have done that. Do him a favour, and leave him. He doesn't need you, and quite frankly, he doesn't want you.
Reply 15
He doesn’t know how sorry i am. I have told him several times. Deep down I know he is my soulmate and I’m not gonna give up but I don’t want to smother him either. He is the man i want to be with the rest of my life. We have five years together and he is my best friend honestly he is. We do everything together now i feel alone! I hate this feeling so much and cry often.
Original post by Anonymous
You shouldn't have done that. Do him a favour, and leave him. He doesn't need you, and quite frankly, he doesn't want you.

What are you talking about!? Your talking absolute bs. U don’t even know her bf? Don’t listen to ppl like this, it’ll take time for him to potentially forgive him, probably months but take time have patience don’t rush nothing and deffo don’t give up unless he ends it, good luck

The actual hitting is probably the least worst part of it, it's more what would drive someone to want to hit their partner.
Original post by heartswild
He doesn’t know how sorry i am. I have told him several times. Deep down I know he is my soulmate and I’m not gonna give up but I don’t want to smother him either. He is the man i want to be with the rest of my life. We have five years together and he is my best friend honestly he is. We do everything together now i feel alone! I hate this feeling so much and cry often.

Look, you're going to have to talk to him about it. You should never hit him again, unless it's self defence, if you can do that, then you'll be fine.
Reply 19
We talked yesterday and he says he said how he feels and doesn’t want to bring it up anymore. He would call me every night and tell me he loves and Good night but I only got a text that said (gn) I know from that he’s still upset.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending