?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I personally do ngl
Yewtia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think so, cases are lowering quite fast, and it seems like herd immunity has finally shown itself working. I think a few restrictions might come back during the winter, but nothing like a lockdown.
Sempai569
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not quite so sure myself. Because of how much the economy has suffered due to lockdowns I think they'll only end up starting another lockdown if there is too much pressure on the NHS but with so many people double vaccinated, a lot of them could get COVID and not need to be hospitalized. For instance if we look at when the cases were rising during last month and the start of this month, cases might have been going up but hospitalizations and deaths were staying very low (in the whole scheme of things).
I think what is most likely to happen is that the governments will close certain sectors if they can be linked to cases rising quickly (there's a lot of concern for night clubs etc.) but I don't think there will be another full lockdown myself.

It's a very interesting topic though, thanks.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The impact from the lift of restrictions is not known yet. We will have to see come August, Winter could very well be bad.
cdscdcd
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no chance. i dont think they could financially withstand that
tierny3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i dont think we will have one size fit all lockdown approach as the Govt has been heavily criticised, but we will be 'locked out' on a micro scale e.g if covid cases get too high at work, you will have to WFH etc

The Govt has essentially transferred decision making to businesses and people as they are too stressed to make a decision haha
Last edited by tierny3; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed