msc.forenpsy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am studying for a PhD (just started in May) and want to apply for a postgraduate loan. Thus far I’ve been struggling with my intake not being available as an option on the page. This has been solved now, but I am stuck on the ‘residency group’ page now. I have been in the UK for 3.5 years and have pre-settled status. All the government guidance I read implies people with pre-settled status who have been in the UK for 3 years immediately prior to starting the course can be eligible. But when I get to the residency group question in my application, the options available are: settled, EU/EEA, leave to remain, preliminary leave. None of these categories have a later option to select a pre-settled status. I don't want to choose 'settled' if it could be perceived as me lying about my status. Would you be able to advise which option I am meant to select as someone with a pre-settled status?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by msc.forenpsy)
Hi,

I am studying for a PhD (just started in May) and want to apply for a postgraduate loan. Thus far I’ve been struggling with my intake not being available as an option on the page. This has been solved now, but I am stuck on the ‘residency group’ page now. I have been in the UK for 3.5 years and have pre-settled status. All the government guidance I read implies people with pre-settled status who have been in the UK for 3 years immediately prior to starting the course can be eligible. But when I get to the residency group question in my application, the options available are: settled, EU/EEA, leave to remain, preliminary leave. None of these categories have a later option to select a pre-settled status. I don't want to choose 'settled' if it could be perceived as me lying about my status. Would you be able to advise which option I am meant to select as someone with a pre-settled status?
Hi, please send in the paper application form instead.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads