Retaking a year due to health problems- finance advice/help please

Watch
Percival90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I am looking to retake the 3rd year of my degree due to health problems that affected my study(which I have since had a diagnosis of)

I finished my 3rd year with a pass grade and I wanted to retake my 3rd year because of these health problems , however when I contacted student finance I was told that because I have achieved a pass grade I am not eligible to apply for a gift year of funding, is this correct?

I have tried to contact my university but I was told that they no longer host that course/department anymore so resitting the modules with that university is not an option.

Is there anything else I can do about this or do I just have to accept the grade that I have?

Thanks.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Percival90)
Hi,
I am looking to retake the 3rd year of my degree due to health problems that affected my study(which I have since had a diagnosis of)

I finished my 3rd year with a pass grade and I wanted to retake my 3rd year because of these health problems , however when I contacted student finance I was told that because I have achieved a pass grade I am not eligible to apply for a gift year of funding, is this correct?

I have tried to contact my university but I was told that they no longer host that course/department anymore so resitting the modules with that university is not an option.

Is there anything else I can do about this or do I just have to accept the grade that I have?

Thanks.
Hi, if you have already graduated then it's not possible to receive funding to repeat the year.
Thanks, Isaac
Percival90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, if you have already graduated then it's not possible to receive funding to repeat the year.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi,

Another rep on here says that all students are given a 4th year of funding regardless of whether or not they have received a pass grade?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...098&highlight=
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Percival90)
Hi,

Another rep on here says that all students are given a 4th year of funding regardless of whether or not they have received a pass grade?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...098&highlight=
Hi, it's not possible.

If you apply then our assessors will make the final decision and should state you are not eligible due to completing the course.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.52%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.96%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.09%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
38.26%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed