qwrsten
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone have any advice for going to year 10 to year 11 because I feel like I did decent in my last mock but I really need to do better specifically in maths and science since I'm going to do further maths and physics for a-level
Michael_k21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For maths I'd recommend doing as many questions you can to find areas of weakness, I recommend maths genie as they have loads of topic specific questions you can work through.

For science I'd say the most important thing is remembering and understanding the content, you can do that by using flashcards, a method that helped me a lot, or mind maps. My school paid for a site called my-gcse-science which was really helpful for me, so it might be worth emailing your school if they could do the same.

More specifically physics, I'd say a major thing that will be useful is being able to memorise equations and also link them together, you may some some high marking questions that will require you to remember 2 different equations and use the answer from 1 in the other. There's an app called 23 equations which is quite popular for learning equations, but I personally think it's easier to just understand why the equation is how it is.

It's great that you're already getting ready for year 11, that'll put you ahead of most already, so good luck and try not to stress out too much 😉.
Elz15
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For science go on YouTube and watch freesciencelessons. This man is amazing and saved my life when I did my GCSEs. I recently just did my GCSEs. For maths I just revised by watching videos, practice papers, revision guides the usual stuff. However for physics I always struggled but I guess just do lots of practice. General tips for moving from year 10 to 11 please don't stress and try and stay calm. If you tell yourself you will do great before an exam it's proven that you will actually do better. Just revise maybe half an hour to an hour every evening with lots of breaks. Remember you can have off days when you don't want to do any work. I would also recommend getting tested by friends and family etc. Me and my friends used to call and test each other and we wouldn't get tooo distracted lol but it also makes revising fun as well. Good luck for year 11 and if you have any more questions please just ask xx
Frozetman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Along with the other advice it's a good idea to use the summer holidays to strengthen any weaknesses. Obviously enjoy yourself but also spend time ensuring that u remember all the y10 content as sometimes teachers run out of time to recap the content. Also it will definitely help when it comes to revising for november mocks
confuzzled.co uk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ask questions when you're confused. Don't feel as though you need to figure everything out on your own - you have teachers and peers. Write them burning questions down, during recap sessions or lesson time.

It's already a great thing that you're asking on here- you're gonna smash year 11, all the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.74%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.95%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.76%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (43)
23.63%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.65%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.69%

Watched Threads