The Student Room Group

Should I try uni accommodation again even though I hated it first time?

Hi
I went to uni last year but dropped out as I just didn’t like accommodation and was struggling socially. I have just applied again for September and applied for accommodation again but have just had the offer back and need to apply in a few days time. I’m not sure what to do as I did it once and didn’t like it and I’m not sure if that would make me drop out again. I can’t drop out again this is my last funding year and I don’t know if it’s best for me to do it as I have not had friends since primary school and am very bad socially and panic attacks.

On the other hand, if I drive I gotta drive an 1hr to get there and an 1hr back probably 5 days and I’m not confident at driving at the moment. Also if I drive I will have most of my student loan and I was thinking of setting up a business which would be hard to do from uni

So I’m not sure what is the best thing to do, anyone got any advice thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
I went to uni last year but dropped out as I just didn’t like accommodation and was struggling socially. I have just applied again for September and applied for accommodation again but have just had the offer back and need to apply in a few days time. I’m not sure what to do as I did it once and didn’t like it and I’m not sure if that would make me drop out again. I can’t drop out again this is my last funding year and I don’t know if it’s best for me to do it as I have not had friends since primary school and am very bad socially and panic attacks.

On the other hand, if I drive I gotta drive an 1hr to get there and an 1hr back probably 5 days and I’m not confident at driving at the moment. Also if I drive I will have most of my student loan and I was thinking of setting up a business which would be hard to do from uni

So I’m not sure what is the best thing to do, anyone got any advice thanks

Hi, this is my opinion so at the end of the day it's how you feel that matters. If you feel uncomfortable / at unease with accomidations(halls) find private accommodation. You tried halls and didn't enjoy it, if you feel like you can deal with it better this year then go for it. But you already know what it's like and don't seem to like it. i would recommend getting private accommodation. Find a place (small studio) that's to your liking. Then when it comes to making friends you can find group chats on twitter and start talking to people on social media. i don't know you so this is what i would recommend a friend x good luck!
Reply 2
Thanks for your advice, it was really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending