The Student Room Group

Are you confused by uni applications or Clearing? We can help!

Hi everyone,

With results day coming up, we understand it can be a worrying and challenging time particularly if you are unsure about what is going to happen! We want you to feel supported and as prepared as possible so we will be online for the next two weeks to answer any questions you may have.

Would you like to know more about what to expect on results day? What to do so you feel prepared? Are you looking for advice on the Clearing process?

The schools and colleges engagement team here at the University of Hull has decades of experience supporting students like you along their personal journey into Higher Education so please ask us any questions, regardless of what university you are interested in, and we will be able to help! :h:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR Talks- University of Hull
Hi everyone,

With results day coming up, we understand it can be a worrying and challenging time particularly if you are unsure about what is going to happen! We want you to feel supported and as prepared as possible so we will be online for the next two weeks to answer any questions you may have.

Would you like to know more about what to expect on results day? What to do so you feel prepared? Are you looking for advice on the Clearing process?

The schools and colleges engagement team here at the University of Hull has decades of experience supporting students like you along their personal journey into Higher Education so please ask us any questions, regardless of what university you are interested in, and we will be able to help! :h:

I'm slightly interested to know what you expected before leading into results this year.
Obviously you can't give anything suggestive now due to the embargo, but what were you expecting to happen leading up to this year?
I am currently going to defer my uni until next year but i have had a change of circumstance. Would i be able to cancel my deferred options and then apply through clearingMany thanks
Original post by samfulker
I am currently going to defer my uni until next year but i have had a change of circumstance. Would i be able to cancel my deferred options and then apply through clearingMany thanks
Yep, absolutely :smile:
Original post by samfulker

Hi @samfulker,
You can absolutely cancel your deferral, you'll just need to inform the university you were planning to defer at, and then apply through Clearing this year.
The UCAS site has information about what courses are available in Clearing this year, so keep an eye on it as it may change: https://www.ucas.com/clearing-launch.

I hope that helps! Feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Thank you,
Dawn
Reply 5
Hi, i am currently waiting on my results which is tuesday. My uni requires me to get 2cs at higher sqa level. According to me provisional results i have an a
Original post by Cnde
Hi, i am currently waiting on my results which is tuesday. My uni requires me to get 2cs at higher sqa level. According to me provisional results i have an a

Hi @Cnde

I'd love to be able to offer you some advice, but I think some of your query is missing, are you able to re-submit?

Thanks

Tracy
Reply 7
Hi, i am currently waiting on my results which is tuesday. My uni requires me to get 2cs at higher sqa level. According to me provisional results i have an a & b which suggests that im in. Only problem is, i failed business when that is the course i want to study in uni. However they didn’t specify the subjects i need to get my 2cs in. Therefore i am a bit anxious that i get rejected ☹️, can someone please help
Hi I have to complete a dbs check.for my course at uni which has to be done for me to start the course, however I’ve not been able to apply for due to not having enough ID, I was wondering if I will be still allowed to enrol in September with a pending dbs check? I’m very stressed about it
Original post by SansaStark#queen
Hi I have to complete a dbs check.for my course at uni which has to be done for me to start the course, however I’ve not been able to apply for due to not having enough ID, I was wondering if I will be still allowed to enrol in September with a pending dbs check? I’m very stressed about it

I would work on sorting out your ID now.
What do you have and what do you need?
Original post by 04MR17
I would work on sorting out your ID now.
What do you have and what do you need?

I’ve gotten all ID needed just this week, I just have to apply for the dbs check and verify my ID. I’m just scared that I won’t be allowed to enrol because the dbs check won’t be complete
I’ve gotten all ID needed just this week, I just have to apply for the dbs check and verify my ID. I’m just scared that I won’t be allowed to enrol because the dbs check won’t be complete

It might be complete by the time your course starts. Apply for DBS today, don't wait.
What is the start date of your course?
Original post by 04MR17
It might be complete by the time your course starts. Apply for DBS today, don't wait.
What is the start date of your course?

I think it’s the 13th of September
I think it’s the 13th of September

Yep so you've got a month. Often DBSs are returned within that time frame. Apply now.

If they are slow, discuss this with the admissions team for the university department you're applying to. They will have dealt with this situation before.
Original post by 04MR17
Yep so you've got a month. Often DBSs are returned within that time frame. Apply now.

If they are slow, discuss this with the admissions team for the university department you're applying to. They will have dealt with this situation before.

Okay, thank you so much for the help :smile:
Original post by Cnde
Hi, i am currently waiting on my results which is tuesday. My uni requires me to get 2cs at higher sqa level. According to me provisional results i have an a & b which suggests that im in. Only problem is, i failed business when that is the course i want to study in uni. However they didn’t specify the subjects i need to get my 2cs in. Therefore i am a bit anxious that i get rejected ☹️, can someone please help

Hi @Cnde
Thanks for providing a little more information.
If you wanted to contact the provider(s) you've applied to and discuss this with them, they may be able to let you know if they have all of the information they need, but they wont be able to discuss your offer, but you could clarify whether passing the subject with SQA is a requirement for the course. Otherwise, on results day see what happens with your grades and then just speak to the university if you need to. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Best of luck.
Dawn
Hiya,I had a place at Manchester for biomed but I declined it as I thought that course wasn't for me. I was excited at the prospect of studying at the university of Leeds instead, as I saw they had lots of vacancies on UCAS and on their website. Since declining my offer so I could go through clearing, they have taken all vacancies down. Why would this happen? was it a mistake that meant they listed vacancies they didn't have?Thanks
Original post by amelilyj
Hiya,I had a place at Manchester for biomed but I declined it as I thought that course wasn't for me. I was excited at the prospect of studying at the university of Leeds instead, as I saw they had lots of vacancies on UCAS and on their website. Since declining my offer so I could go through clearing, they have taken all vacancies down. Why would this happen? was it a mistake that meant they listed vacancies they didn't have?Thanks

Hello @amelilyj

Unfortunately I am unable to comment on University of Leeds vacancies, it might be worth getting in contact with their admissions team to discuss.
Have you had a look on UCAS for alternative providers of Bio-Medical degrees? It may be useful to have an selection in mind.

Good luck!

Tracy
Reply 18
Original post by University of Hull
Hi @Cnde
Thanks for providing a little more information.
If you wanted to contact the provider(s) you've applied to and discuss this with them, they may be able to let you know if they have all of the information they need, but they wont be able to discuss your offer, but you could clarify whether passing the subject with SQA is a requirement for the course. Otherwise, on results day see what happens with your grades and then just speak to the university if you need to. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Best of luck.
Dawn

they did not specify the subject in which i’m supposed to get 2cs, considering that i have an a & b
Original post by amelilyj
Fortunately, I am able to comment on Leeds vacancies.

They don't have any now, because they have access to everyone's results and realised they don't have the spaces they thought that they might. Several universities are in this position.

May I ask how you declined the Manchester offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending