will queens
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Medical students at universities with a strong divide: Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, I've heard the London ones are reasonable divided too, and any others I'm missing. Does it bother you?

I don't really know wether it's something that's important to me or not. What do you think, pros and cons of it? Was it a deciding factor in where you applied?

Thanks
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by will queens)
Medical students at universities with a strong divide: Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, I've heard the London ones are reasonable divided too, and any others I'm missing. Does it bother you
St Andrews is no longer as "traditional" as they were in the past. Their website states that they are an integrated med school:
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...cine-bsc-a100/

They also state that Clinical teaching is integrated with basic science learning throughout the course, teaching you to apply medical sciences to clinical problems.

I don't really know wether it's something that's important to me or not. What do you think, pros and cons of it? Was it a deciding factor in where you applied?

Thanks
Not for me, but my advice to you is: apply strategically. However if your stats are perfect, then by all means think about that.

Have a chat with previous Oxbridge students, but I would assume most of them have had no problems with this.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.65%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.47%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
15.88%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (46)
27.06%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (32)
18.82%

Watched Threads