Is it okay to wear jeans at a kfc interview?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an interview at kfc next week but I don’t have any formal shoes that would look suitable with my formal trousers. Therefore the only trousers I can wear are my dark blue jeans. Will this be okay? Thanks for any advice
LowBlowChloe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an interview at kfc next week but I don’t have any formal shoes that would look suitable with my formal trousers. Therefore the only trousers I can wear are my dark blue jeans. Will this be okay? Thanks for any advice
I've never had an interview that was worried about how you dress. As long as you look clean and tidy they won't care. Clean jeans beat dirty trousers, same with clean trainers vs dirty shoes.
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just pair the jeans with a polo shirt or something so it looks like you've made an effort. It's only KFC at the end of day.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Talon)
Just pair the jeans with a polo shirt or something so it looks like you've made an effort. It's only KFC at the end of day.
Thank you for your advice! I thought of wearing a short sleeved button up shirt so it looks more formal but still works with jeans
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LowBlowChloe)
I've never had an interview that was worried about how you dress. As long as you look clean and tidy they won't care. Clean jeans beat dirty trousers, same with clean trainers vs dirty shoes.
That’s so true. Thank you for your advice :-)
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My attitude when it comes to interviews is this.

You can never be overdressed for an interview but you can be underdressed.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Stumpy1001)
My attitude when it comes to interviews is this.

You can never be overdressed for an interview but you can be underdressed.
What would you suggest in my case then? The issue is that I don’t have any formal shoes to go with my trousers, so is it better to wear more formal trousers with trainers or jeans with trainers instead (as jeans are more appropriate for trainers)?
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What would you suggest in my case then? The issue is that I don’t have any formal shoes to go with my trousers, so is it better to wear more formal trousers with trainers or jeans with trainers instead (as jeans are more appropriate for trainers)?
cant you just buy some shoes?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Stumpy1001)
cant you just buy some shoes?
I want to wait and get some more expensive and longer-lasting shoes for when I start college in September. I don’t want to buy some shoes for a 15 minute interview that I’ll never wear again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.09%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.79%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.97%

Watched Threads