Qwerty58
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
Long story short I have a job interview for tesco for a role that would require me to work 8 hours on a Saturday. I worked in a shop in first and second year. I did a placement, and after that didn't work in third year. I will be going into the final year of my Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering in September.
I don't really need the money so I would only be doing it for experience but would employers really care about a job like Tesco? It's a very full on course and I may be commuting alot but I'm not sure yet if it is online. Is it worth the extra stress? I don't want to go through the hassle of starting the job only to quit a month later because I need to focus on study.
Thank You
Last edited by Qwerty58; 1 month ago
Allyson2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qwerty58)
Hi,
Long story short I have a job interview for tesco for a role that would require me to work 8 hours on a Saturday. I worked in a shop in first and second year. I did a placement, and after that didn't work in third year. I will be going into the final year of my Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering in September.
I don't really need the money so I would only be doing it for experience but would employers really care about a job like Tesco? It's a very full on course and I may be commuting alot but I'm not sure yet if it is online. Is it worth the extra stress? I don't want to go through the hassle of starting the job only to quit a month later because I need to focus on study.
Thank You
Hey working in tesco will be good for your communication skills, customer service skills and working with others plus helping the public out.
It will be good for you to have this your CV for future.
End of the day only yourself will know if it will cause you extra stress or not but why not give it a go or like you said of you travelling a lot then perhaps not start tesco job if you giving it up say in month or two...
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qwerty58)
Hi,
Thank You
I'd take the job for now.
You will get the skills, experience etc etc.
See how it goes once you start uni in September. If after a few weeks you find that it's too much then you could quit. By the. You will have been there 2 or 3 month's by that point anyway so if you do want to leave then you will have been there longer than just a month
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.74%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (12)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
10.96%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (28)
38.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
16.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise