thrivingfrog
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im going into year 11 in September and I need to grind and so I can try to get as many 8s/9s as possible but I just can't bring myself to start like idk where to begin, when to begin, how to. Any tips? And do you think it's possible to get 2 grade 6s to 8s/9s?
thrivingfrog
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Bump
Mazza.d.Musa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Think of what u want to achieve just grades alone wont make u feel motivated u need something physical like a dream job or university u want to go to, fair enough u may be unsure but a goal could even be something simple like i want to beat so and so in something
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
create a schedule or checklist to follow. start off small by going through any mocks you've already done and identifying your weak areas- if you don't have good notes on these now would be a good time to make them.
username5129378
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie open up
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hazzz01)
CaptainDuckie open up

lol

what I did before getting into year 11 was just have fun. Honestly.

It’s really not that deep until like I’d say the last 3 months. Just keep on top of homework, do text book questions, past papers and ask your teachers for feedback on your essays....
username5129378
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
lol

what I did before getting into year 11 was just have fun. Honestly.

It’s really not that deep until like I’d say the last 3 months. Just keep on top of homework, do text book questions, past papers and ask your teachers for feedback on your essays....
this guy :facepalm: NO! ur ******** PMs :lol:
Last edited by username5129378; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hazzz01)
this guy :facepalm: NO! ur ******** PMs

:facepalm2:
username5129378
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
:facepalm2:
clear
username5737602
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
step 1: log out of tsr
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Come back in ~October. Don't sweat it for now.
Meashkat
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
First look up all the syllabi on the subjects you are taking. Then, summarise each syllabus, writing down the AO'S and key topics you need to revise. Afterwards you need to group the topics on how well you know them, then schedule each topic for revising, allocating more time for the topics you struggle on. Leave one day at the end of the week to go over the topics again, as well as one day at the end of every month. When you revise/study it is best to take multiple breaks, preferably less than an hour long, to recuperate and regain your focus. It is also best to avoid studying for more than an hour and a half to prevent yourself from losing interest in the topic. I hope this helps but if you need more support you could buy this book and read it. I have used it myself and the tips in it work really well for me. Here is the link:https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/h...241225981.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads