Postgraduate Loan- Students from the Republic of Ireland continued

Watch
PoolFullOfLiquor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,

I see that there was already a thread with an Irish citizen in the exact same predicament as myself (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7049877). My postgraduate loan was also rejected on the basis that I am an EU citizen, even though I am an Irish citizen. Using the advice on the above thread I am now in the process of completing my hand written form, but have a query regarding the address section. For home address, can I use my Irish address, or is this in reference to the address I will be residing within the UK?

Kind regards,

Andre
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PoolFullOfLiquor)
Hi all,

I see that there was already a thread with an Irish citizen in the exact same predicament as myself (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7049877). My postgraduate loan was also rejected on the basis that I am an EU citizen, even though I am an Irish citizen. Using the advice on the above thread I am now in the process of completing my hand written form, but have a query regarding the address section. For home address, can I use my Irish address, or is this in reference to the address I will be residing within the UK?

Kind regards,

Andre
Hi Andre, you need to put the address you lived at for the last 3 years.

You can be eligible for funding as long as you will be residing in England.
Thanks, Isaac
PoolFullOfLiquor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Isaac,

Thanks for the reply! How do I provide proof that I will be residing in the UK before the 1st of September?

Regards,
Andre
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PoolFullOfLiquor)
Hi Isaac,

Thanks for the reply! How do I provide proof that I will be residing in the UK before the 1st of September?

Regards,
Andre
No physical evidence/proof is required unless requested. We just need your address history.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads