Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How was your reaction after, did you take any ibroprefeun
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bad and no, I only took asprin to reduce the risk of blood clots.
pineapplemango
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had the Pfizer vaccine, and had no reaction whatsoever. My arm was a bit sore for like half a day afterwards, but that was about it. Didnt take ibuprofen or anything else.
FV75
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had AZ. Felt on and off nauseous and shivery for a couple of days after first one, and really, really tired - like I could fall asleep at any second. Wasn't bad enough to stop me doing anything I needed to.

Second one, exactly the same effects but milder. Didn't take any medication either time.

Several people I know had very sore arms for a couple of weeks but I didn't.
Last edited by FV75; 1 month ago
15Characters...
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had a headache and felt a bit cold and tired for a day after my first dose of AZ. Nothing paracetamol couldn't handle though.

Didn't have any effects after my 2nd dose.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pfizer.
Dead arm for a few hours after the first one.
Dead arm for a few less hours after the second one.

No painkillers needed.
username3477548
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No reaction. Didn't need to take paracetamol.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had Moderna and experienced no reaction whatsoever. Just a little bit sore on my upper arm, but mild pain that didn't warrant painkillers.
Last edited by Son of the Sea; 1 month ago
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A bit tired next day after the first one, absolutely no reaction after the second
UCL_KWI
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had both doses AZ:

1st dose - was very ill for about four days straight - had a very bad headache for the first night so took paracetamol and ibuprofen, injection sight and arm were awful for two of those days as well.

2nd dose - similar symptoms but nowhere near as bad, last roughly the same length of time though.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've had one dose of Pfizer. My arm was sore and I had a headache and was generally tired, so I had some paracetamol. It was nothing terrible, I could have done without it, but I thought why not be comfortable.
Nathan GG
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've had both doses(Pfizer), With the first one it didn't hurt but the 2nd one brought some pain in my arm that's about it.
My Mom took Moderna and she was bedridden for 2 days everyone's reaction to it will be different. Take the vaccine cuz a couple days of feeling **** is better than contracting the virus and dying/being incubated.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Bad and no, I only took asprin to reduce the risk of blood clots.
did they tell you to take aspirin, and how much did you take?
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fell asleep unintentionally for 3 hours an hour after the dose, once I’d got home (no idea if it was related or not) had no other side affects though. Didn’t take ibuprofen - the person who did mine said only take it if you feel you need it, although my friend got told to despite feeling completely fine so :hmmm: they felt they didn’t need it so didn’t take it in the end
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had both, sore arm for a day.
username5777717
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had first dose of Pfizer vaccine in early June, second dose is booked for this coming Saturday morning. Didn't have any side-effects or reactions to the first dose.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pfizer - slightly sore arm and mildly drowsy for a day 1st, had my 2nd 2 days ago and much the same but feel v slightly cold/flue-ey today, bit of a runny nose and the odd hot flush.
RambleAmple
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've had my first dose of Pfizer (second dose next month). Fine immediately after didn't even feel the vaccine, then a few hours later I felt drowsy, after waking up from a nap I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and then I had such a sore arm that I couldn't sleep very well in the night. Next day my arm was only slightly sore and I was a bit fevery, feeling hot and cold, shivering, nauseous, headachey, but I was still well enough to go to work. Day after that I had no symptoms at all, was completely fine. I didn't take ibuprofen but did take some paracetamol the second day.
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How was your reaction after, did you take any ibroprefeun
I had Pfizer.

Dose 1: Arm slightly sore for a day. Slightly tired that day, which gave a good night's sleep.
Dose 2: Arm slightly sore for a day. No other reaction.

The NHS staff advised paracetamol if any flu like symptoms occurred.
will queens
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had pfizer, was fine after, arm became really sore and heavy about an hour after. Got a pretty bad headache too. Didn't help this as at the peak of the heatwave we just had, and I walked home from the GP, and I think I was quite dehydrated so not all on the vaccine.

Headache went away with some paracetamol. Arm was sore the next day but I woke up sleeping on that arm so that's partly why. Day after I was completely fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.86%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.06%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.88%

Watched Threads