Flo Len
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi can any body help with advice I was accepted at a 6 form although I was one grade down in maths they wanted a 5 I got a 4
I was accepted on a double a level health and social care course I know you need 3 Alevels for uni the teacher was gonna take me on and push me for a 3 alevel as I didn't meet the requirements to sign into another A-level however I had a phone call on the last day of term to say I have no longer got my place at the 6 form as the teacher is leaving and the new teacher isn't as exspearenced to push me for a 3 A-level.
Can they do that ?give you a place then take it away with that excuse?
I'm also doing an Alevel from home so that will give me the 3 A-levels I need to go to uni so won't need extra help to be pushed for a 3 A-level.
Just so confused in what to do and how they can other a place then take it away.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Two A levels or a BTEC equivalent is not a full-time study load - and without that they wont get funding for you so you would be costing them money to teach you. Unless you have something like a written offer letter then you dont have a leg to stand on here.

Why are you doing an A level privately? If you were to do a BTEC Diploma plus one A level at school then that IS a full-time study load and your school may be more open to that idea.
Flo Len
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Two A levels or a BTEC equivalent is not a full-time study load - and without that they wont get funding for you so you would be costing them money to teach you. Unless you have something like a written offer letter then you dont have a leg to stand on here.

Why are you doing an A level privately? If you were to do a BTEC Diploma plus one A level at school then that IS a full-time study load and your school may be more open to that idea.
Thanks for your reply
I have an mail that states I can come on to the 2 A level health and social care course but unable to sign into another course cause o don't meet the requirements for any other course will that help or would it need to be in writing on paper?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.44%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.56%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.22%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.44%

Watched Threads